Windows 10 Update issue (11/06/2017)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Windows 10 Update issue (11/06/2017)

Is anyone else having this issue?  I read a few posts on reddit from other people that have run into this today.  They suggest it's a server issue, and that would make sense with it just starting today for them, as well.  This is with a Windows 10 (1709) 64 bit desktop.  

Capture.JPG

Edit:  The very next time I tried again after creating this topic it worked, reinstalling the Adobe Flash Player update I had earlier uninstalled.  I had uninstalled it as it was the last update I had gotten (on 11/3), and thought, perhaps, this update was causing the issue.  After the update reinstalled, I checked for updates again and it found none, having worked properly.  Then, I tried again, and sure enough, got the error.  I then tried again and again got the error, and then tried again and it found no updates, having worked properly.  So, it's definitely something on Microsoft's end, and it seems to be intermittent.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU

And it's fine now.  Must have been a problem with Microsoft, themselves.  

Had to put something down for a solution  😛  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sure hope MS gets it act together as I have zero interest in 10 at the moment. Very happy with 8.1 Pro which is good for quite some time.

Also happy with my Gen4 Echostar 17  Ultra plan service. Again, hoping it has at least 5-10 years left. Hope I have 5-10 years left also....lol.

GabeU

Tell me about it.  This whole idea of using us as guinea pigs for Windows 10 is really getting annoying.  

I have Windows 8.1 on my notebook and it works well, and my folks have it (Pro) on their laptop.  I have no plans on upgrading either to Windows 10 anytime soon.  

As for Gen4 ES17 vs Gen5 ES19, to be honest, were it not for the higher speeds with Gen5 I think I would be just as happy with Gen4.  And even then the speeds are that much higher as I was getting speeds in the high 20s with Gen4.  One thing that has improved, though, is the Windows Update speeds (if it works 😛 ).  For some reason, with Gen4, my Windows Update speeds were, more often than not, atrocious.  Over 24 hours for a 700MB update one time.  I don't know why it was like this, as the speed for everything else was fine.  Now it's on par with other other updates and downloads, including 3rd party programs.  I do know that not everyone was having the same Windows Update speed problems that I was with Gen4, though.   

You'll be around for quite some time, I'm sure.  You'll be 110 years old with no teeth, on Gen6 and watching old reruns of Peaky Blinders.  Smiley Very Happy

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You'll be around for quite some time, I'm sure.  You'll be 110 years old with no teeth, on Gen6 and watching old reruns of Peaky Blinders.  Smiley Very Happy

You are so right there, LOVE that show. British "Godfather" series of early 20th century. Piece of art IMO.

Sleepy_old_man.gif

Hey BirdDog

My better half and I watched Peaky Blinders this year based on your recommendation in the forum some time ago. All I can say is I left an 'Amanda-shaped' imprint in the couch after episode 1.

GabeU

And it's fine now.  Must have been a problem with Microsoft, themselves.  

Had to put something down for a solution  😛  

I've been slumming with Mac: Office 2011 long enough that they finally went EOL.

Guess I'll have to suck it up and get a 365 subscription, even though I find it hard to justify.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.