Antispam...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Antispam...

So, seems in the last few weeks there has been a few customers that have had their topics and/or posts moved to the whole "waiting for moderation" thing.  The most recent user is jdayton1

What exactly could have triggered these posts/topics to have been thrown from public view to moderation?  Is there a way to "fine tune" the bots that help keep the community clean?  It sort of makes it feel like a lot of things get moderated this way and just makes it difficult to help people that haven't been posting for long in here.

@Liz got any ideas?  I know you did some work for us on this before, but it does concern me...

3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Mornin',

I just saw their post and marked it as not spam, so it should appear in the forum now. I'm guessing the list of case numbers may have triggered the spam filter.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Liz

Only something the spam filter doesn't like in the original post can cause the entire thread to get hit, right?  I remember some individual reply posts getting hit in a few threads a while back due to making changes to the macros after they had been posted, but that didn't cause the entire thread to go, just those posts.  For some reason the system doesn't like editing macros once they have been posted, or at least certain parts of them (I can't remember the specifics).  

It's interesting that the second post created didn't get "quarantined" when it contained nearly the same info, including the case numbers.  Edits to the first post, maybe?   

Possibly.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!