Take note, the above statement states that they do not sell information, but does not state that they will not do so in the future. Reading through the link also turns up some interesting statements that I have highlighted below..
Additional Information Disclosures
Hughes may also use or disclose information about you, including your Personal Information, under the following circumstances:
– To enforce our Subscriber Agreement, Terms of Service, and/or other legal agreements;
– In response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process;
– To establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
– To credit reporting agencies for reporting purposes or to obtain credit review services;*
– When Hughes believes such use or disclosure is (1) necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or (2) required by law;
– In the future, we may sell some or all of our assets or reorganize our corporate structure. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. In the event of a sale or reorganization of our assets, including our database, customer information may be transferred.