Figure daily usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unhappyconsumer
New Poster

Figure daily usage

I have noticed that the mb usage seems to drop more on the 1st the new month begins. & that if i unplug the internet it stops the usage.. but steadly drops "even when i am not on the internet" when left plugged into lil black box. unplugging sves you from being continuesly peeling mb off the overall monthly amount/gb/mb's

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

If you unplug the modem from the wall, it won't use any of your data. 

You may also want to check to see what devices are connected. There may be more than you think. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

GabeU

@unhappyconsumer wrote:

but steadly drops "even when i am not on the internet" when left plugged into lil black box. 

That would be because you use data when you are actively on/using the internet and you don't when you aren't.  

If you're looking for help with something, it would be better for you to post in Tech Support.  This section, as the title suggests, is for discussion of the Community itself, not HughesNet's internet service.    

DUH like i am unable to figure out when i am on mbs are used && when i am not logged on it still drains mbs && now i have complained about it the gbs really get used.... I am even being careful to make sure i am logged out of every page all thetime........ Your company is a rip off swindling liening bunch of crooks

GabeU

@unhappyconsumer

If your data is still being used, one or more devices are using it.  Something is still connected, and still using data, that you aren't aware of.      

You can see what is connected, and what has been connected, but is no longer, since the last time you powered the modem, here.  

Perhaps the following threads will help you.  They concern data usage.

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...