Hughes Net Worse Than 1990s DialUp

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iamjohnsnyder
New Poster

Hughes Net Worse Than 1990s DialUp

Does anyone know whom to send a legal demand letter to? I've had this service for 3 months and it's beyond awful. I should be paid to use it. I intend on cancelling it and will refuse to pay a termination fee. They completely lied about the quality of this service.
3 REPLIES 3
MarkJFine
Professor

@Iamjohnsnyder wrote:
They completely lied about the quality of this service.

1. No, they didn't. You likely heard what you wanted to hear.

2. Had you read what this area was for, this isn't the area to discuss this. This area is to discuss this particular web site, not the service itself.

3. I'm downloading files topping out at 40Mb/s - let's see 90's dialup do that.

So, no, your hyperbolic claims are 100% wrong. If you have a technical issue that needs to be solved, please try to follow directions and take it to Tech Support where it belongs.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Dispute resolution with HughesNet is via binding arbitration.  See https://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm, section 5. 

Iamjohnsnyder wrote:
Does anyone know whom to send a legal demand letter to? I've had this service for 3 months and it's beyond awful. I should be paid to use it. I intend on cancelling it and will refuse to pay a termination fee. They completely lied about the quality of this service.

Mnash
Freshman

I agree. And the misrepresentations do not end there . They won't fix their own defects unless you pay the costs. Will say you need new equipment and have to pay a tech, when all you need rondo is reboot. I am cancelling and paying the fee.Oh, and love how the speed test completely lies.... Meanwhile, they want us the customer, to suddenly be experts in how to dismantle radio and antenna and pay to return them... Who the **bleep** knows how to donthat?.... More ways to prey upon unsuspecting customers. Can you imagine grandma doing this? Or a disabled person??? Totally a scam!!!