Hughes net community has stockholm syndrome

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kuvo
Freshman

Hughes net community has stockholm syndrome

I don't know why this community will defend this company who rips us all off.. there's 1 dude who answers everyone's questions and odds obviously a company man regardless of if he works for Hughesnet. Sad because this leaves us customers with literally no where to turn for having issues fixed. The community seems to be here to benefit the company. Not the customers
2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

As a Hughesnet customer of over 12 years, I've been greatly benefitted by this community, not only because I have received expert help from other users, but also because I've been able to deal directly with helpful corporate employees.  I'm only speaking for myself; YMMV.

It appears this community is not working for you, and that's unfortunate, since this community is the shortest path to resolving issues.  I wonder, though if you are aware that there is a process involved in resolving issues and finding answers.  This process is the same that other ISPs, such as Verizon and Xfinity,  follow; it is not unique to Hughesnet.  If you are unwilling to follow the steps required to deal with your issues, you will likely be unable to get anywhere and your tech or account problems will stay unresolved.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@kuvo

Almost assuredly being the "1 dude who answers everyone's questions and odds obviously a company man regardless of if he works for HughesNet", you posted of a problem and I gave you the steps to take towards fixing that problem.  You then proceed to complain about having to do speed tests.  I then give info pertaining to data management, which is an additional issue you're experiencing, and you complain about your data running out.  Even still, I started the first steps to help you troubleshoot why your data is being used so quickly.  That is, until I read this.  

You know what, do what you want.  Whether you get your issue fixed or not doesn't affect me one way or the other.  I just hope that the next person that comes along that is having an issue actually appreciates when someone takes the time out of their day to give them instructions or advice on how to go about fixing and or alleviating their issue.  And enough do.    

And for your information, other than being a customer since December 2004, and other than since early 2016 doing my best to help others get the most out of their service because someone took the time out of their day to do the same for me, I have no connection to HughesNet.  

And I really hope someone else picks up where I left off concerning your data consumption issue in your other thread because I'm done.  Had I read this message beforehand I wouldn't have even bothered to reply.