New "Minor edit" check box?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

New "Minor edit" check box?

Any idea what this might be for?  I tried it with a couple of edits on my macro test thread in the General section, but I didn't see anything different, such as a new indication of an edit or minor edit like you sometimes see on sites to indicate that an edit was made to a post.  And that the box is there even when creating a new topic or replying to a post is kind of odd.  

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning Gabe,

Thanks for pointing this out! This function is related to a different service we don't use. Basically it's related to subscription notifications, like if someone subscribed to something you wrote, then you edited it, that subscriber would get a notification. To prevent inundating subscribers with notifications for minor edits, you check that box. 

Hope that made sense!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Good morning Gabe,

Thanks for pointing this out! This function is related to a different service we don't use. Basically it's related to subscription notifications, like if someone subscribed to something you wrote, then you edited it, that subscriber would get a notification. To prevent inundating subscribers with notifications for minor edits, you check that box. 

Hope that made sense!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Liz 

It makes perfect sense.  

Thank you.  🙂

You're welcome, Gabe!

-Liz