Hughesnet Community

The worst company ever

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sophyat

The worst company ever

I was evicted from my business property in the end of June 2020 since the Covid-19 reason. I wrote  a letter about it to the HughesNet. Your Satellite dish still is on the 2834 Jordens Rd., Houston, TX 77084 roof. The transmitter box in the storage where I was forced to put my many things. However, this company charged my credit card for several month, then it was told me that I have to pay $220.00 cancelation fee, and demontage the satellite dish from the roof !!!  It is unacceptable and even inhuman to charge me for the wi-fi services I have not been using since July 2020, and this company still charging me. It is not fair that I have to pay a cancelation fee and take your satellite dish from the roof by myself. Besides, you did not inform me about all of these rules; otherwise, I would not use your services ever! The worst compnany in the USA ever!!! The USA government has been trying to help those who were eviceted from the properties, but this company is making money from the small businesses. I have to pay for the storages, I have to pay for the wi-fi I have not been using since July 2020!! 

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may want to open a ticket under myAccount and Billing by going to that section and clicking on "start a topic."  Explain what the situation is, but  protect your privacy by not giving any personal information such as your street address or account number. The HN reps on this site will ask you to send them a private message if they need that information.  You should also edit your post in this section to remove all identifying information.  To edit the post, click on the 3 vertical dots and then on Edit. 

The reps are here M-F during business hours and they're always willing to help. It could be to your benefit to let them look into what may be going on. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@sophyat 

You don't have to remove the dish from the roof, just the radio.  That you were leasing equipment and that some equipment would have to be returned on service termination is quite clear.  And though I can say for certain as I haven't personally heard it in a long time now, I'm reasonably sure hat the components needing to be returned are mentioned in the disclosure that's read near the end of every sales call.  The modem, the power pack for the modem and the radio from the dish.  The instructions for such are here.

It's unfortunate that you didn't call HughesNet when all of this happened, as they may very well have been able to work something out with you due to the circumstances.  They may still, but perhaps not as much as could have been done at the time.  

I'd take maratsade's advice about creating the new topic.

Remy

sophyat,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy