Weekend moderator

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Weekend moderator

After the debacle that went on this weekend here I believe it is time for HughesNet to consider a moderator on the weekends. Doesn't even need to be someone who can directly help, just someone who can monitor comments and put them in a sand box for later review if deemed necessary.

The "other guy" already seems to be doing this.

20 REPLIES 20
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

"Debacle..." what'd I miss? 🙂

I agree, there should be a Mother Hen here on the weekends to sort out the good eggs from the bad 🙂
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Good idea, It would prevent a lot of "trash talk".
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Hi Alan, please look at the posts by  Dean Seigneur all will become clear.
Degrades the site to a point it is someplace most people would not want to visit.
theracer88

we do need a mod for the weekend all the trash talk. I mean look at it.
MTB / MT Bucket

I'm afraid I'm in the dark when it comes to trash talk, but w/respect to the degrading issue, I've no means of monitoring what I presume to be a signal. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that I'm way off base here because my education in this field never made it out of Jr. College and that was 25yrs. ago w/an absolute and comprehensive seperation from all things IT. OK here it is: I have a hand held device (smart phone) that is used exclusively for EVERYthing that operates on an android4,0,4 system that I installed a security app into and every time I log on to this page that app steps in, interrupts and makes me come to terms w/the security issue that it warns me about before allowing the browser to complete the connection.
For what it's worth. MTB. :'( :-P. 😕
Robin S

Or some way to report a problem so someone is alerted that there is a problem on the forum.
Katie0
Admin

Agreed.  Loud and clear.  Let me see what I can do.

Katie
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Hi Katie,

Know you're busy this AM, and this is probably already on your to do list. - Can you please go through and delete the offensive racist, homophobic, political comments made by one of the posters over the weekend, and throw him out of here as soon as possible? No one needs to reads that ugly stuff.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I do apologize to the Community for "taking the bait" and Feeding A Troll.

Robin S
Folkmuse

I just went through the comments and did make a reply regarding Mr Dean. Indeed this guy took up way to much band width and time and a moderator could have shut him down, in fact should have shut him down as all he was doing was baiting responders. If he were truly serious about working with his "supposed problems" it would be different. Clearly a Troll.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

An apology that most likely will not come from the "baiter". A man knows how and when to apologize although I don't blame you for your responses.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Thank you Katie.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

That wasn't close to the worst of it Jezra.
Katie0
Admin

Done. 
Katie
Katie0
Admin

jerza, please...we're kind of sensitive today. 🙂
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Thanks Katie
Robin S

Thank you.