just a rant

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

just a rant

I first started in 2014. The champs & Reps were some of the smartest people that I thought I could learn from.

They welcomed anyone to ask a question, no matter how foolish or off the wall. If it was not about HN no problem. They would try to answer the question. That all changed when HN tried this new FORUM. 

Now there is more rude people & rude comments than there are helpful remarks.

The mods spend more time on GENERAL DISCUSSION than answering questions.

No one needs to respond.

Reggie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Reggie wrote: 

You may not "need" anyone to respond, but that statement is patently untrue.  There may be moments of heated remarks, but the majority of what goes on here is help, and much of it from subscribers themselves. 

Perusing through the first twenty posts in the Tech Support section, there were two that immediately received negative reactions and one that recieved a later negative reply, and that's in reaction to the inflammatory nature of the two original posts and a ridiculous threat of "suing" in the third.  The other seventeen have been nothing other than informative, helpful and respectful, though not all are yet solved.  

That's not to say that there haven't been responses given that shouldn't have occurred, but the vast majority of what occurs in this community falls in line with its primary purpose... help.

@Reggie wrote:

Oh come on.  Really?  

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

@BirdDog Left a long time ago, the community started to change a lot, and he didn't like the new layout AFAIK.  He ended up closing his Facebook account when he departed.

Though I'm not 100% on this, I think he changed to another ISP, as well.  

maratsade

I thought that was the case, too. 

@GabeU wrote:

Though I'm not 100% on this, I think he changed to another ISP, as well.  

GabeU

@Reggie wrote: 

You may not "need" anyone to respond, but that statement is patently untrue.  There may be moments of heated remarks, but the majority of what goes on here is help, and much of it from subscribers themselves. 

Perusing through the first twenty posts in the Tech Support section, there were two that immediately received negative reactions and one that recieved a later negative reply, and that's in reaction to the inflammatory nature of the two original posts and a ridiculous threat of "suing" in the third.  The other seventeen have been nothing other than informative, helpful and respectful, though not all are yet solved.  

That's not to say that there haven't been responses given that shouldn't have occurred, but the vast majority of what occurs in this community falls in line with its primary purpose... help.

@Reggie wrote:

Oh come on.  Really?  

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

I think it is time I left this forum to those that know more than I.

disregard any post this day on.

Have a great life all. BYE.

GabeU

@Reggie 

Someone disagreeing with your statement is just someone disagreeing with your statement.  I wasn't trying to get you to leave.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@GabeU wrote:

@Reggie 

Someone disagreeing with your statement is just someone disagreeing with your statement.  I wasn't trying to get you to leave.

Gabe this was not because of you.

Just too much negative stuff. No level heads left in this community. Just a bunch of hotheads looking for a fight. That is not why I signed up with this forum.

Reggie

maratsade

@GabeU wrote:

No one is.