1000 modem replaced with 1100 modem. Same problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralphmoore
Sophomore

1000 modem replaced with 1100 modem. Same problem

I am still having problems with service constantly going out or not being able to maneuver on the net. As suggested, my 1000 modem was updated to the 1100modem. Hughesnet tech came out as authorized by Hughesnet and said my dish was out of line. He moved it from "80 something to 100 something". Could the dish be that much out of align? That's all he did. within one hour of him leaving, two lights went off on the new modem. That was what was happening with the 1000 modem. Since then, this modem is constantly going not working, only showing 3 lights on the modem. I have to unplug the modem and start all over. This morning I got up at 5:30 am. Modem worked for a little while. went off. Unplugged it started back up. Worked for a little while longer, went out again. Checking the control panel, I have either the red light showing or the yellow light (web acceleration not working). This is the same problem I was having with the 1000 modem. What is going on? I spend more time unplugging and waiting for modem to work so I can even do anything on this system. What is causing this system to constantly go down? Another problem also which another matter is the RMA status of the pold modem. I received an email stating my old modem has not been received at the factory, I have the UPS receipt stating the package was received on 7/17/15 at 10:44 signed by LY. RMA 301726064. I need help please. Nancy Moore,
11 REPLIES 11
ralphmoore
Sophomore

Hi Bill

I am very familiar with the procedure you are talking about. That is what I have been doing, unchecking, rechecking,  resetting etc.  This will work for awhile, then when the internet goes back down,  I check the status of the modem and I have the yellow light or just like this morning I had the red light.  I don't understand why I am still having this problem. This is the same problem I was having with the 1000 modem but I think this 1100 is worse.  Thanks for your quick response. You and I communicated earlier this month when I was having the yellow light status on the 1000 modem.  I hope you have a great day and weekend.   Nancy
Liz

Hi Nancy,

Welcome back, thank you for the update. I'm sorry to hear this, I'll pull up your account and run some new diagnostics and see what could be the matter. Your patience and cooperation are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi Nancy, 

I see there was a huge spike in dropped packets from the modem, so I'll send another HT1100 your way. As for your RMA status, could you please provide me with the UPS tracking number? 

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

ralphmoore
Sophomore

Hey Liz

I have been out, but when I got home, modem just had one light on.  Finally, after unplugging it, plugging it back in, unplugging then plugging it back in all lights came up. Hopefully I can get all this typed before it dies again!     The tracking number for the modem sent back is    1Z6W37599002523412.      Nancy
Liz

Thanks Nancy, that helps. I wanted to make sure this was noted in your account so you're not charged for any Unreturned Equipment Fees.

Again, I'm sorry to hear the modem I initially sent is still not helping, I hope this new one does. Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Liz

foxbrook
Sophomore

You may want to check your cables too. I was having what I thought was a problem with the modem and it turned out the cable from my modem to my router was bad.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Good advise! The wires in LAN cables are very small and very brittle, doesn't take much bending or constant stress for them to break and make intermittent connection.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

True Bill, but I always try another cable when having problems. Still think it is good advise for general troubleshooting.
ralphmoore
Sophomore

I am still alive, holding my breath. Thanks for the comments all. The cables were changed out when I got this new modem.  We did not notice any wear or tear on the ends or the wire. Hopefully it is just a bad modem and I look forward to trying out another one!  Will keep everyone posted .  Have a good weekend all. Nancy
ralphmoore
Sophomore

Good morning Liz

I received the new 1100 modem  late Monday and it was promptly installed. So far, the modem is working properly. I have not  had the first yellow or red light nor losing service especially when another computer is added to the connection. I want to thank you for your excellent service and to the others who commented on possible solutions. If  the modem  starts malfunctioning again, I will post  a new thread.  BTW, the faulty modem has been shipped back and I will be checking the RMA status of it.

I have been  reading the forums and I have some questions to ask concerning my system performance specifically  the speed I receive.    I know how to run the speed tests (without router) but how do you post the results here in the comments?    If you or anyone else on here would let me know I will start  another thread with my results. 

Again, thank you and hope you have a happy day.

Nancy Moore
Liz

Hi Nancy,

Thank you so much for the update, I'm glad to hear the new modem is working well for you. We're always here if you need any help. 🙂

When people post pictures of their test results, they're posting screenshots of them. Here's a website that shows how you can take a screenshot: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Taking a screenshot saves a picture of your screen to your computer. To include the picture in your community post, click the camera icon below the text field. The grey Upload Image area will appear and you can drag the saved picture into the grey area. Or you can click the link to let you navigate to the folder where your picture was saved.

Here's where the camera icon is located:

Please be sure you crop out your SAN, as it appears in the URL of the speed test results page.

Thanks again for dropping me a line and for the well wishes. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and weekend!

-Liz