Hughesnet Community

A bill received for a resolved and closed account

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sue Gorman-Mast

A bill received for a resolved and closed account

In September, Chris an official Rep for Hughes Net stated that my account was taken care of and closed out. Today, i received a bill for $625 that is due Feb 22. If everything was taken care of then why would I receive a bill. 
3 REPLIES 3
Chris11
Alum

Hi Sue,

Sorry for all of this. I am looking into this with our billing department right now. Our system seems to be making auto adjustments. We'll get this sorted out. The good thing is that it has been set to invoice so no charge will come to you card. I'll update you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
Sue Gorman-Mast

Chris, I am letting you know that I received another bill today. This one says previous balance $1,250.32 and then an adjustment of $625.16 leaving a balance owing of $625.16. This is ridiculous! Where did $1250 even come from!!
Chris11
Alum

Hi Sue,

After reviewing this with our billing department we do have an update. When our system initially charged you for termination fees, you had contested and reversed the payment with your bank. At that same time we manually credited your account back the same amount. So when your bank returned the money to your account they also received a second amount for the refund we issued. In other words your bank either credited your account twice for a total of 1250.32 or kept half of that amount for themselves. What you will need to do is contact them, have them look over your statements to see exactly what happened. The amount owed does need to be settled, so please contact them as soon as you can and keep us posted on what they say.

Thank you,
Chris