Hughesnet Community

Account Issues, looking to have cancellation fee waived.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaitlynavery310

Account Issues, looking to have cancellation fee waived.

I would like to have my initial sales call reviewed, and also the call from April when I spoke to a representative about my service.

I have now called multiple times to try and resolve this issue. When I initially called, I spoke to a woman who did not explain that I would be on a data cap plan. I informed her that I would have at least 6 devices using internet. 2 tv, 2 computers, and 2 cell phones. I also told her that I would be using the internet for strictly streaming from the internet. She told me that she had the same plan that she was selling me, and that I would be just fine. My data plan runs out within the first week of it renewing. And there has not been a single day of my monthly plan that my internet has ran smoothly with zero buffering or loading wait times. My boyfriend and myself are both in online college, he needs to video stream in order to get credit for classes, and the slow internet is causing us problems in school. We are both in the Marine Corps, and if we do not get certain averages, will have to pay the military back the tuition assistance if we do not pass.

My boyfriend had called twice prior to this phone call and was told that he could not be helped. I called HughesNet in April with this issue and was told that there was nothing that I could do but upgrade. The sales representative was extremely rude to me on the phone and offered me no options but to upgrade my account and monitor my data. (case 111475564) He told me that regardless of me being sold a service under minimal and misleading information, I would still have to pay a $380 cancellation fee. He offered tokens, discounts, and upgrades. When I asked to speak to someone else, he told me that no one would be able to help me and this was the only option, with a condescending attitude. He told me to call back in a month to get different discounts added on.

I do admit, that I should have done more research. But calling the actual company for the information seemed to make the most sense. I am now locked into something for 2 years that I never would have signed up for if I'd known how many issues I would have. I did not previously know that this was an option. In fact, I asked the representative in April if he could look into that, and was told no. I am hoping that I can get some clarity / information from this post, and I appreciate any feedback in advance.

If there is any further information needed, please let me know. I do hope there is something I can do after my call is reviewed. Thank you for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Hi kaitlynavery310,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi kaitlynavery310,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated your claim. We got a really quick turnaround for you, so please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!