Account Update question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan11433
Junior

Account Update question

Note: They told me to question you as you are res department so you should know the answers? (see screenshot that I have provided.)

Again do I wait until after 01-28-2022 to upgrade to Business 100 plan with static IP option (one static IP) or upgrade now avoiding early termination fee?

2021-02-11.png

Other question is do I lose the data token from upgrading? I cannot call the customer care to know the information is because I'm hard of hearing. Hopefully you guys can answer my questions. Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out. Wait after 1/28 to be sure to avoid the ETF. Tokens lose value upon termination. Hope that clears things up!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Liz

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out. Wait after 1/28 to be sure to avoid the ETF. Tokens lose value upon termination. Hope that clears things up!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz wrote:

Hi Ryan,

-Liz

Alright and can you provide me a chart of per month that the cost would be? when I decide to upgrade.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Courtesy of @maratsade 

2020-11-17_16-51-02.png

It's $400 for the first 90 days after activation, then $15 less per month thereafter.

@GabeU wrote:

Courtesy of @maratsade 

2020-11-17_16-51-02.png

It's $400 for the first 90 days after activation, then $15 less per month thereafter.

Maybe it is different now because it was charging me 5 instead of 15 for rental fee for awhile then 15 and that I switched to 50 from 20 or 30 since 06/28/2019 that came up with new 24 months agreement back on Feburary 10 2020?

Edit: I meant 15 as 14.99

GabeU

@Ryan11433 wrote:

Maybe it is different now because it was charging me 5 instead of 15 for rental fee for awhile then 15 and that I switched to 50 from 20 or 30 since 06/28/2019 that came up with new 24 months agreement back on Feburary 10 2020?

There's been no change to the Early Termination Fee schedule for a number of years now.

Edit:  I'm assuming now that you were referring to what your plan price would be, not the ETF fee in the quote part of your reply.  It would be the plan cost, plus the $15 lease fee, plus tax.  You'll likely have to call them to get a cost, including any offers they may have.  The reps here don't deal with Business Plans.

You can also check the HughesNet.com website to see not only what business plans are available to you, but their cost.

@GabeU wrote:

@Ryan11433 wrote:

There's been no change to the Early Termination Fee schedule for a number of years now.

I'm Customer Since: 06/28/2019 but switch to 50 since 2-10-2020. What month you think I'm at now? 13th or 20th?

GabeU

@Ryan11433 wrote: 

I'm Customer Since: 06/28/2019 but switch to 50 since 2-10-2020. What month you think I'm at now? 13th or 20th?

Considering Liz said "Wait after 1/28 to be sure to avoid the ETF", I'd say your 13th, because of the prior upgrade.  Normally changing plans, whether up or down, doesn't start a new contract, but with your rental fee changing and Liz stating 1/28, it suggests that the change was actually to a different type of service rather than just a move up or down between plans.  @Liz would have to confirm this.   

On a side note, sorry.  I had forgotten that you're not able to call them.

@GabeU wrote:

@Ryan11433 wrote: 

Considering Liz said "Wait after 1/28 to be sure to avoid the ETF", I'd say your 13th, because of the prior upgrade.  Normally changing plans, whether up or down, doesn't start a new contract, but with your rental fee changing and Liz stating 1/28, it suggests that the change was actually to a different type of service rather than just a move up or down between plans.  @Liz would have to confirm this.   

On a side note, sorry.  I had forgotten that you're not able to call them.

Ok I look forward for her response and I'm still not changing anything yet.

Edit: I have been printing out invoices per 28th since the upgrade to 50 there are twelve of it now from 02-28-2020 but it is weird that I only got ten months of $50 discount instead of twelve months that you guys said at Solved: $50 dollars increase before contract ends why? - HughesNet Community - 131463. Oh well it's fine I guess because the $50 discount is not a big deal. Of course maybe it is 13th month after 2/28? 

@GabeU wrote:
You can also check the HughesNet.com website to see not only what business plans are available to you, but their cost.
I already know the information as I already requested a quote from that department then I received the quote and talked to them through email few weeks ago. I'm still not doing the changes with my account yet.

Good morning Ryan11433, 

Just to clarify, your commitment end date is 01/28/2022. If you canceled now with 11 months remaining in your commitment, your ETF would be $235.

-Liz

@Liz wrote:

Good morning Ryan11433, 

Just to clarify, your commitment end date is 01/28/2022. If you canceled now with 11 months remaining in your commitment, your ETF would be $235.

-Liz

Thanks for the information and I'm still staying what we have for full contract term.

Edit: I have been thinking about months difference and yes I'm on 13th month (24 - 13 = 11 months left)