Account changes help

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Merlin1
Freshman

Account changes help

Welcome to hughes net national security branch in trying to get anything nothing done

Ok here it goes

we had an old system from back in 2000

had to upgrade last year to this gen 5

we used my wifes credit card to buy the equepment and install and at the time my wife and me when we called and talked to hughes,net

we made it clear that i ME the husban NOT MY WIFE she it is ME I have FULL CONTROL OVER THIS ACCOUNT!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!

So My wife decides to drop her credit card and take HER off THIS HUGHES.NET ACCOUNT and out it in MY NAME and ON MY CREDIT CARD!!!

Simple RIGHT ???????

Wrong it is like trying to call the National security office and ask just for one name

i am told they need to talk to my wife on the phone well she is at work and i was asked to get this done today!

so i have to wait tell she gets home! ok make that call again give the case number and all and start all over!!!

She MY WIFE AGAIN tell hughes net I ME husban ME I have control over this account and my wife TELLS HUGHES NET to TAKE HER off THIS ACCOUNT

along with HER credit CARD and to put ME I husban IN CONTROL OF THIS ACCOUNT put My name ME HUSBAN I on this ACCOUNT and use MY CREDIT CARD!!

SHE my WIFE TELLS HUGHES NET THREE i repet THREE TIMES to do this

SO HERE AFTER BEING TOLD HUGHES NET NEEDED TO TALK TO MY WIFE THE CARD HOLDER TO SWAP THIS ACCOUNT OVER

WE ARE NOW TOLD WE HAVE TO SEND IN A LETTER OF INTENT STATING WHAT WE JUST SPENT CLOSE TO AN HOUR ON THE PHONE TRYING TO DO!!!!!!

calling some other nations secret security branch of hesghesnet to get anything done is a JOKE!!!!!

SiMPLE take my wife and her credit card off this account she does not want ot be on it no more

put my name on the account and use my credit card SIMPLE??? this Galaxy will end before you get hughesnet paper work done to do this

Bill

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Merlin1 

These days companies are very strict about anything pertaining to ownership of an account becasue it can affect one's financial life.  The account was likely put in your wife's name due to using your wife's credit card.  Changing it over to someone else's name is not a simple process, nor should it be for the sake of protection of the account holder.  

The following may also be needed, but a rep can confirm one way or the other.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, though with it being a holiday week the may be short staffed, so it may take them a little longer than the normal day or so to reply.  They're also very likely off both Tuesday and Wednesday.  

https://support.hughesnet.com/en/faq/account_billing/change-account-ownership-form

i just got done sent the letter of intent to the fax number they gave us

how much you want to bet they will say WE NEVER GOT THAT???

i got the conformation that they got it so we will see!!!

ok i just sent that change of owner form to changeowner@hughes.com 

i know they got that too

Hi Merlin1,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm looking at the account associated with your username, but the most recent case was last September, and it wasn't about this change of ownership concern. Do you have a case number I can try to pull up? 

Also, I'd like to track down the Change Ownership form you faxed, can you please private message me the fax number you used?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

well things seem to be fixed i got a phone call from hughesnet and was informed that all was cleared up

i do not think they will mess up the credit card payment as that pertains to money but we will find out the next time a problem pops up

the kids came over for christmas and you can tell when the way they use the internet they have no restriction in downloading

from the unlimited internet services they get in town

from my 20 gig plan i am down to 13.9 gig and half left on bonus bytes pc and software updates and tablet updates

dispite what hughesnet says i no hard data caps hughes still CUTS you way below what they say they will it has happened once

when my sons phone did some kind of update and wiped out my gigs

i can not wait till these new cell phone towers get put up and installed to not have to worry about internet caps!!!!

i wont be long till the satelight internet companies will lose what left of what they have

Good morning Merlin1,

Glad to hear things were straightened out. Feel free to contact us again if you have other concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!