Account duration and billing.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catsrgr8
New Poster

Account duration and billing.

I would like to address that there is no way for me to find out (without going through an arduous phone conversation) how long I have held service with HughesNet.

The amount of account information available to the customer in their online account is uselessly minimal.

I'm curious about canceling my service in the near future, as I may be moving to a location that won't allow a satellite and I am terribly unsatisfied with the internet service HughesNet offers.

I would like a moderator to view my account information and tell me how long I've had service with HughesNet and whether or not the termination fees could be waived in the next few months, as this is not the "high-speed internet" that was in the sales pitch.

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

If you sign into the myAccount site and click on the "My Bill" tab, then click "View" on one of your invoices to view it, there is a part of it that says "Customer Since:...".  It's in the Account Summary box of the invoice.  

If it hasn't been more than about three years, you can click on "View Older Invoices" and see when your first invoice was. 

http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount

Edit:  Regarding cancelling the service without the ETF, only a rep can answer that for sure.  Keep in mind that the speeds aren't guaranteed.  If you're experiencing low speeds I'd advise posting in the Tech Support section to address the issue.  

Liz

Hi catsrgr8, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I've pulled up your account and I see your site has been active since Oct 5, 2017. Early Termination Fees aren't considered until an attempt to address your service performance concerns has been made. Your account history shows no calls or other contact to our other support channels, but since you're here now, we can start troubleshooting if you'd like to work with us! 🙂

I'd like to point out that you're currently subject to our Fair Access Policy, so that is the main reason your speeds have been reduced. You do have 3 tokens available to use if you would like to restore speeds. 

To use your data tokens, access your Usage Meter (the application or online). 

Click the Buy Tokens button.

The next screen will show you the number of tokens available for use. 

Click the Use link next to the the number of tokens you have.

This will increase your TOKEN BYTES AVAILABLE amount, not your Anytime Bytes, and restore speeds. 

Please tell us more about your experience with the service so we can better assist. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi catsrgr8, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!