Administrative Password

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaughn811
New Poster

Administrative Password

Where do I find the administrative password to change my wifi settings?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bare65
Advanced Tutor

If this is your first time accessing your wifi settings and/or you have never changed the adminitrative password in the past, then you should be able to use the routers 'default' password which should be admin.

If you decide to change the adminitrative password, it's a good idea to write is down somewhere in case you forget it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bare65
Advanced Tutor

If this is your first time accessing your wifi settings and/or you have never changed the adminitrative password in the past, then you should be able to use the routers 'default' password which should be admin.

If you decide to change the adminitrative password, it's a good idea to write is down somewhere in case you forget it.

This is our first time trying to access our wifi settings. We're having trouble getting that password to work.

It is   "admin"  make sure it is all lowercase..

I couldn't find a darn thing on their website, even if searching "reset wifi password" - "wifi" doesnt even come up! worst website ever. This is what they sent me via email:

Note that you can only do this with a device currently connected through HughesNet Internet either through WiFi or directly connected through a cable:

1.    Go to the website:  systemcontrolcenter.com or 192.168.0.1  (this is often down and unaccessible - **bleep**? there's also supposed to be a link under My Account???)

2.    From the System Control Center page, click on Wifi Settings at the left side.

3.    Enter the Administrator username and password. The default is admin for both username and password.

4.    Once logged in, you will see the password for your Wifi in the middle of the page. Note that this is also the screen where you can change the password.

If in any case that you have forgotten your administrator password, you may press the Reset button at the back of the modem once then while rebooting press the WPS button at the front and hold it for at least 30 seconds to have the modem boot in default mode. Everything will change to default and the password for the WiFi will be the one at the back of the modem.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV