Hughesnet Community

After reading all the negative reviews and complaints should I stop my purchase of Hughes net service before they come out and install it?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Detra Fondren

After reading all the negative reviews and complaints should I stop my purchase of Hughes net service before they come out and install it?

I just purchased internet with hugged net due to moving into a place someone had an outlandish bill with century link(great service) they Have not came out and installed anything yet; what I'm asking is should I try to fond service somewhere else? Can I cancel the contract since ity hasn't started yet and get my money back?
54 REPLIES 54
Amanda

Hi glashtin,

You seem to be posting on many other people's posts with your experience and complaints. Would you like to make your own post so that we can assist you?

Thank you
Amanda
Kristi Dodd Gar

Alan I was not referring to you personally just the comments and apologize for the incorrect phrasing. Maybe if I had a local dealer such as yourself I would have less issues but on the rare occasion someone has to come out they charge me $175.00 even if the problem is with their equipment not mine. My problem I believe has been resolved for now only thanks to the complaint I filed on this forum, but only then did anyone actually try to really help me. This is after the numerous phone calls with no resolution which is why I was so upset. I too am glad I found this forum and maybe from now on by using it rather than calling I can actually get a resolution. Again I apologize for being hateful towards you you sound like a great rep!
glashtin

I did and there response was goodbye?  
glashtin

Besides this comment was relevant to this case in my opinion.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

glashtin,

If you are looking  for help this is NOT the way to get any. JMO

Reggie
glashtin

Just trying to get someones attention.  All it would take is 5 mins on the phone from someone that spoke English and did not read from a script to resolve my issue and I could go back to using my sub par service once again.
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Shotgunning your anger across other customers' topics makes it harder for you to get help with your problem and also makes it harder for them to get help with theirs. You can be mad at HughesNet and bash them all you want, but not everyone has the same problem as you, or the same solution.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
derek51880

hughesnet is the way to go i dealt with a psycho girlfriend who i believe put water in my gas tank of my car i used to have dsl ethernet switched to hughesnet because there are no wires to cut
sd91802
New Poster

With you rayconn02
cuddlebug

Detra, I am sorry for all the interruptions on getting your reply to you.  People here are pretty passionate about their opinions of Hughes and it varies.  You will see good and bad.  That said, I just wanted to say, if you have the opportunity to go with cable, grab it.  I only wish we could get cable where we are.  This is my first time going with dish service and am trying my best to learn to cope with it while I am with Hughes, but if given the choice, I would certainly consider cable as my first option.  Hope this helps
Charleen Mason

I you have an alternative...RUN from Hughes.net!
Charleen Mason

You know...after hours and days of trying to get a simple message through or benefit from a sale, or pay a bill on time, and not being able to connect, it really starts to get to you.  I don't think you sounded hateful, just frustrated.  Which is why I am trying so desperately trying to find an alternative.  I've been with t his company since they were Direcway...however long that has been....too long...and I never go more than a month without some new thing mucking up.  Other people who have cable/etc/ can't believe I can't watch their 5 minute videos or stream or download pics, without the whole thing slamming shut on me.  Internet access should be available for everyone these days.  We have come to depend on it.  New regulations with the FCC may make this possible.  
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Charleen,
I just posted to your original thread with someting that may help after seeing you are on a 7000
Brandon Carter

What type of router do you use? Personally, if your sold a system and have a router on the approved list, and a quality install you'll have great service. One issue i see is if a customer doesn't know of their data caps, are gamers, or ones who have routers that may not be compatible. DLink routers share the same IP address as the Hughes modem which will cause connection issues, also I notice a lot of issues with cheap Belkin routers. I'd definitely recommend looking at the approved router list from Hughes and compare the size of your home to the type of router. If the install was done right, you're educated about what your data limits & know that streaming music, games, and tv/videos, & downloading/uploading huge files will eat through your band width very fast.. knowing this you should notice a difference.

If you switched form a cable provider and went with Hughes, but still have access to other high speed isp's, then cable may be the best option, but If you don't have those options knowing the everything stated above should help! Good luck
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Amen to all that.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Brandon Carter

A lot of DSL only gets from .5mb-6mbs download & if the consumer isnt concerned with streaming & gaming, Hughes can be great for them. A lot of customers live in an area where they are limited to very slow DSL & Dialup, that's Hughesnets target market. some DSL & dial can run around $80-100 per month, & can be very limited to what customer can do "e.g. Streaming, Downloads/Uploads, & slow browsing" If he had these issues Insane would be keeping the DSL. Cable internet is always the first option but when you don't have access Hughes will work, if you know what you're limits are and don't use it like it has unlimited band width.
Brandon Carter

Exactly. My thing was the man stated his opinion. Whether it made sense to you or anyone else was besides the point. & For you to correct him "in a support site for customers" not a bash the comment because you felt the need to explain that he has a coax line running from the dish to modem, & how insane you thought his comment was. Gamers, and hardcore streaming isn't ever recommend with satellite, good sales reps will explain data & this. If he shouldn't say someone is pyscho because their statements insane, then Should someone being condescending tell another what to do? Have a great night bud!
Brandon Carter

Every persons allowed and, Apparently we have totally different interpretations of this.
Leigh Knight

If you have ANY other options available to you, I urge you to take them. I have not heard of any satisfied customers. I have no other options at the moment, but am still checking. I live in a very rural area, so a little internet is better than none at all. It costs a little more each month as my service gets worse. It will only work in the wee hours now. I won't turn it on for a week and when I do- no more bytes. I always know when 8 am rolls around, it stops working. I just sit and spin, get disgusted and unplug it. Good luck.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I have not heard of any satisfied customers.
Well, people don't normally post satisfaction with a service on the internet, but they sure will post dissatisfaction. Not going see much praise at all percentage wise. I've been satisfied overall for 10+ years now.

Leigh, if you have problems with your service you should start a new topic and ask for help.
Brandon Carter

If you are on a 7000 system you may need to go with the Jupiter system, you'll definitely notice a major difference