Agreement ends...then what?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wvfreedom
Sophomore

Agreement ends...then what?

When my internet agreement ends, what will happen? Can I continue service with no contract? Am I required (forced) to enter into a new agreement? Or something else?

Thanx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@wvfreedom 

Basically nothing.  When the agreement/commitment expires it just means that you're then able to cancel the service without incurring an Early Termination Fee.  Nothing changes with the service itself and you can keep using it like you have been. 

However, if you've been getting a monthly discount due to a sale when you signed up, that discount will end.  The discounts sometimes offered at sign up are for either 12 or 24 months.  That's not to say there was one, but if there was, and it was for 24 months, that discount will end.  You can see if there's a discount in your invoice breakdown either on your paper bill, if you get one, or when you sign in to look at your invoices on the HughesNet My Account site.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@wvfreedom 

Basically nothing.  When the agreement/commitment expires it just means that you're then able to cancel the service without incurring an Early Termination Fee.  Nothing changes with the service itself and you can keep using it like you have been. 

However, if you've been getting a monthly discount due to a sale when you signed up, that discount will end.  The discounts sometimes offered at sign up are for either 12 or 24 months.  That's not to say there was one, but if there was, and it was for 24 months, that discount will end.  You can see if there's a discount in your invoice breakdown either on your paper bill, if you get one, or when you sign in to look at your invoices on the HughesNet My Account site.