Any way out of cancellation fee

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pgrenier1
New Poster

Any way out of cancellation fee

Is there any way to get out of this cancellation feed. When i got hughesnet i told them everything i needed it for and they said it can do it. It hasnt been able to do any of it and all my work is online. I talked to tech support and they told me that hughesnet cant do any of the work i need it for cause its not fast enough. So i would like to cancel it especially after the sales team told me that it would be able to do it. I think the sales team needs to talk to tech team so they have a better understanding of what hughesnet can do. I tried to cancel it after 2 days but they want that 300 dollar cancellation fee which is unreasonable. I m ok with paying for the 2 weeks ive had it but not 300 because of misinformation given to me

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

For the first 90 days of subscription, the cancellation fee is $400, not $300. 

If you believe you were misled, you can ask for a review of your sales call. If the call is still available, the Hughesnet representatives on this site can pull it to review what was said by the sales agent and by you, and they can make a determination regarding the fee. 

I did ask for a review of the sales call and they told me the couldn’t get it and the second time they said no cause it’s a business account
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Pgrenier1 wrote:
I did ask for a review of the sales call and they told me the couldn’t get it and the second time they said no cause it’s a business account

Because this Community, and the reps for it, are for residential subscribers, it's unlikely that they'd be able to have the sales call reviewed here.  They can sometimes give basic help to a business subscriber, but something like a sales call review is more involved.  You might be able to ask the reps through the Business Account support line, at 800-347-3272, though I don't know if they do that through phone support.

I can tell you for sure, though, that the only way to cancel the service is to call, and you'd have to call that number above to do it.  

With this said, the reps here may still reply with some type of advice for you.