Hughesnet Community

BILLING AMOUNT

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s.rcritcher

BILLING AMOUNT

Why is it that I don't know the amount of my bill UNTIL the day its taken out of my bank account? I want to know 10 days BEFORE that happens when I get my email stating "Your payment is due in 10 days."
12 REPLIES 12
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Unless you have opted for the extra cost ($5.00) Invoice Billing option your payment method will be auto drafted on the date the bill is generated.

Liz

Good morning srcritcher,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Gwalk is correct, under autopay, the card on file will be charged the day the bill is generated. You can see if you have incurred other charges outside of the standard internet and lease fees, if applicable.

Visit your Support Center here: http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com

Click the “Sign In” tab to visit your sign in
screen.

Enter your HughesNet user ID and password, then
click the “Sign In” button to sign in.

Click the “Billing” tab.

Scroll down to the “Billing Account Information” panel.

6. Click on "Unbilled Activity" to see any additional charges you may have incurred, outside of your usual monthly service fees (lease, internet fee, and taxes). Typically, one would see token or tech dispatch charges, otherwise, the amount should be consistent every month (internet+lease+taxes).

Hope that clears things up for you.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

wren2
New Poster

In other words - We ain't tellin' ya NUTHIN til after we take your money."
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

What ?
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

What ?

6. Click on "Unbilled Activity" to see any additional charges you may have incurred, outside of your usual monthly service fees (lease, internet fee, and taxes). Typically, one would see token or tech dispatch charges, otherwise, the amount should be consistent every month (internet+lease+taxes).

wren2
New Poster

@Gwalk - Ah, another route known to a few. For the vast majority a statement prior to taking the bucks would be of more value. And have a little integrity.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

@wren2

FYI: There are two types of billing used in Hughes residential accounts:

#1: Auto-Draft ..... the most common.
In this billing method a users "Billing Statement" is generated and the subscribers stored method of payment is "drafted" at the same microsecond that the bill is "generated".
The only "pre-statement" available would be any accumulated charges incurred prior to the actual bill generation. These charges can be seen and anticipated by following the simple directions posted by Liz in her above reply and copied here for your better understanding:

A Hughes account will be a "static" thing for the most of us .... never changing ... unless WE make changes ......

Buying Tokens
Changing Plan Levels
Changing service "Platforms"

To name a few.

In twelve years my monthly fee has never changed unless I MADE CHANGES or added Tokens .....

However ... a "pre-statement" view of your account IS available.

#2: Invoice Billing

Paper "Invoice Billing" is available .... The cost is $5 per month higher than the discounted "auto-draft" method listed above.

The Invoice Billing method is more "traditional" in the respect that there is a "Billing Date" (generation of bill) and a "Due Date" ( last day that payment is due.

Even with Invoice Billing a user can still log into their "Dashboard" and see if any charges have accumulated prior to the generation and mailing of the paper invoice.

Be advised that a credit check needs to be performed for those that choose Invoice Billing due to the value of the Modem, ODU, installation incentives and other costs that Hughes has to "front". This equipment is not cheap so proof of financial responsibility is required.

As to "integrity" ..... all relevant info to a users account is available 24/7 after logging into the users "dashboard".

I have no clue as to why you would feel that this information is "known only to a few".

Let me say this:
Reading is fundamental, comprehension is entirely another matter.

Frankly you can't swing a dead cat in the direction of a search engine of your choice and not find links to this Community and its resources.

Why you found Liz's response to the OP incomprehensible is ........ incomprehensible.
wren2
New Poster

See my above response. It's not complicated.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

@wren2,

Speaking of "not complicated" is the concept of two different types of billing beyond you ?

Do you want a "pre-bill" mailed to you ?
wren2
New Poster

Hughes isn't capable of a standard billing practice that even the smallest company can handle?

Things that make you go ,"Hmmm."
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I received my Invoice Bill in the mail today.

I also previewed what that bill was going to be on my "dashboard".

Edit:

Just looked at your post history .....

In 5 months you have not gained a better understanding of the available billing methods ?

Dear Me !

There are TWO:

#1: Auto Draft that is charged immediately to your payment method of record ... as soon as generated ... to the second:

#2: Invoice Billing that is more traditional.

Each allow a user to see what "extra cost" items that WILL BE ADDED to your next bill.

If that concept is beyond you ...... ?

I do think that you are now just down to baiting and spamming.

wren2
New Poster

I have to be the advocate for the other side because no one seems to be listening to them. On this, or other issues, I WILL point out the validity of their concerns. In many cases I agree with them.