Bad information

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TiffanyEdinger
Freshman

Bad information

When I called to talk to a representative last week about getting hughesnet service the person I spoke to spoke so highly about the unlimited data. I even question him and emphasized the unlimited data when I set up to get my dish and equipment stating that the last time I had called Hughesnet they had told me I was only able to get certain plans for certain amounts of data. At no point did this representative tell me that I was only going to have 10gb and then my data would be so slow I couldn't use it and I should upgrade to a bigger plan. I am highly disappointed now that I have gotten everything hooked up only to find I only have 10gb of data that I wasn't warned about!
8 REPLIES 8
Brooke
Alum

Hello TiffanyEdinger, welcome to the community and thanks for posting! I apologize if the Sales representative misled you, but the previous HughesNet agents were correct about the data plans. However, we do offer unlimited no hard data limits, which means that once you exceed your monthly data, you are able to still browse at reduced speeds until the beginning of your next cycle. It's possible the Sales representative was referring to this, but to be sure, I went ahead and sent a request to have the call reviewed.

Once the call has been reviewed and I receive a response, I will get back to you here and let you know. Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

-Brooke

Thank you so much, your help is much appreciated!

Tiffany, I have received an update for your call. I will post their findings below:

• The agent says, “The service is unlimited with no hard data limits. If you use up all of the data in the service plan, you will stay connected at reduced speeds.”
  • The agent covers that the plan would be 25 Mbps and 10 GB.  The customer asks after the pitch, “Did you say the internet was unlimited?” The agent responds, “Unlimited with no hard data limits, that’s correct.”  
  • The agent reads all final terms and conditions correctly, including all disclosures regarding the data allowance, and the customer does not have any further questions regarding data.

Based on their review, the agent disclosed the information regarding unlimited with no hard data limits, however it could have been explained better to avoid any misunderstandings. As it was mentioned before, we will never cut off your services if you exceed your data allowance, we will however reduce your speeds until the end of your cycle. 

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

-Brooke

Just checking to see if you heard anything back yet?
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

If they haven't posted a reply, it means they don't have one for you yet. They will post when they get one, and sometimes it takes a few days for them to get an answer. 

@TiffanyEdinger wrote:
Just checking to see if you heard anything back yet?

Tiffany, I hope all is well. I have not heard back from you. Please check your private messages so I can proceed accordingly. 

Thank you,

-Brooke

Tiffany, it's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. You're still more than welcome to respond to the private message I sent you regarding some further details. 

-Brooke

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@TiffanyEdinger

You have the option of asking for your sales call to be reviewed to determine if you were misled by the sales associate.  If it's determined that you were, you may have recourse regarding the Early Termination Fee when cancelling the service.  

If you would like to request the sales call review, please create a new topic in the "myAccount and Billing" section asking for such.  You could even just copy/paste what you wrote here with the addition of asking for the sales call review.  

Please keep in mind, though, that only the actual sales call is recorded, so if this information was not discussed in the actual sales call there is probably not much they will be able to do for you.  

Good luck.  

Edit:  Brooke posted while I was typing my reply.  I defer to her.