Hughesnet Community

Bill due date!!! Was not changed from may 23 to June 2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hotzeee007

Bill due date!!! Was not changed from may 23 to June 2

I am upset!!! I was told that my direct payment will be on June 2nd... I said I cannot pay it on may 23, you took money out of my account on may 23 and my bank account is now overdrawn with an additional 41.00 overdraft fee with the bill payment you took!!!! Does this mean I will double pay on June 2nd again..when you take money out of my bank account directly??? Or are you going to change the bill due date to July 2 right NOW!!! SSo that I do not double pay??
2 REPLIES 2
James E Besser

stop auto pay, think hughes ows you 41.00 if you talked too them about it
Chris11
Alum

Hi hotzeee007,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Your next bill should charge your account on 7/1/16. If you were to request a due date change before the start of the new billing cycle you would have seen the change sooner. From your account notes this was what I found. You called on the 29th of April. Your billing cycle ended on the 23rd. So any change would not happen until the next billing cycle. So you would still be charged on the 23rd like usual. But the new due date would change to the 1st. 

This is how it was explained to you by our agent per the notes of your call:

This is to confirm that you have requested a one-time extension of the due date of your current Hughes invoice. Your due date is currently 05/03/2016 and pursuant to your request we are extending that date to 06/02/2016. Please be advised that once we have processed this one-time due date extension, we will be unable to modify it further so receipt of full payment of the amount due from the last bill that was generated. Payment must be made by 06/02/2016 to avoid becoming subject to the collections process. If your next bill’s due date is prior to the extended due date and you have credit card or e-check on file, the Billing system will collect all the amount due from the current bill and the new bill based on the new bill’s due date. Payment must be made by 06/02/2016 to avoid becoming subject to the collections process. Do I have your permission to proceed with the due date extension? 

Just remember. The due date is the last day that we will attempt to receive payment from your account before you start to receive pop ups that you are overdue. With a due date of 5/03/16 your bill date(First attempt to charge your account) is the 23rd. Which is the day of the month you have been paying your bill since signing up. 

I'm sorry if this is confusing. However as a show of good faith I am going to add a 1 month service credit to your account. So your next bill you will not have to worry about. If you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to let me know.

Thank you,
Chris