Billing cycle and cancellation.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Millwater
Freshman

Billing cycle and cancellation.

So, we decided to cancel HN...  No, not a 'rage quit'.  We've been using for over three years, and I actually understood the shortcomings of geostationary satellite before we got it.  But it was all we could get at this location, so we got-by.  But now there is a better option we've been testing-out.

We figured to keep HN  and the new Internet side-by-side until close to the end of the billing cycle to make sure the new source was going to work well.  It does, so today the wife (account is in her name) called to cancel.  (Really wish I could've done it. Y'all can't be taxing the patience of an ornery Scotch-Irish woman with an hour of run-around like that!)

Anyway, the rep insists that out billing cycle ends on the seventh, when the "MY ACCOUNT" page says in big print that:

----------------------------------------------------------

My Bill 2 days remaining in your billing cycle

$0.00
Amount Due

11/17/2022
Due Date
------------------------------------------------------

Seems a bit deceptive to put that at the top of the account page if it's not the actual billing cycle date.  We haven't actually used HN in a while.  (Still have the whole of our plan data from last reset.) Will not be parting on a positive note if we wind up paying for an extra month after canceling.

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I don't think any deception is intended, and it may have to do with accounting-y stuff, but wait until the reps here clarify things and figure out what you owe exactly, if anything.  I imagine they definitely don't want to incur the wrath of a Scotch-Irish woman. I know I wouldn't. 🤣

Damian

@Millwater,

Thank you for posting and I understand your uncertainty. It sounds like the rep may have accidently referred to your data refresh date instead of the billing cycle date. These can sometimes fall on different days since the data refresh date is usually on the day the service was initially installed. I can definitely double check to make sure there wont be any charges coming up as well the status of the cancellation. If you would like this, you can click this link and provide me the phone number associated with the account.  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/76644   -Damian