Billing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hannahbaker420
New Poster

Billing

So I signed up for HughesNet because dish told me y’all would bundle with them and give me discounted internet (not dish giving the discount but HughesNet) so when I called to have it installed the man told me that once installed to call backs with my dish account number and y’all would set up the discount well I’ve tried several times and nothing, the internet is extremely slow and doesn’t work as he told me it was suppose to I’ve called about that as well and they was no help at all said it looked like it was fine on their end but it isn’t it barley connects right so with that being said if I can’t receive the discount I was suppose to I will be getting my internet turned off
4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"So I signed up for HughesNet because dish told me y’all would bundle with them and give me discounted internet (not dish giving the discount but HughesNet) "

Dish was the one to promise that Hughesnet would give you discounts, so you may want to take this up with Dish. 

" y’all would set up the discount well I’ve tried several times and nothing"

What does this mean? You have called Hughesnet and you can't get through? Or you have called Hughesnet and ....what? What answer do they give you, if any?

" the internet is extremely slow and doesn’t work as he told me "

This is a separate issue, a tech issue, not billing.  May want to figure out the alleged discount before going into the speed issue. You will need to provide more detail about what exactly you mean by this, and you will need to run the protocol detailed here:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

"I’ve called about that as well and they was no help at all said it looked like it was fine on their end"

They told you this because it looks fine from their end. This means something on your end is slowing the system down, which is why you need to run the protocol linked to above. They can't help you if they see no issues when they run diagnostics, so you need to step up. 

" if I can’t receive the discount I was suppose to I will be getting my internet turned off"

Be aware that you will have to pay $400 to cancel the account.  It may be worth it for you to work with the HN agents to see what can be done about your speed. 

Hannahbaker420 wrote:
So I signed up for HughesNet because dish told me y’all would bundle with them and give me discou
nted internet (not dish giving the discount but HughesNet) so when I called to have it installed the man told me that once installed to call backs with my dish account number and y’all would set up the discount well I’ve tried several times and nothing, the internet is extremely slow and doesn’t work as he told me it was suppose to I’ve called about that as well and they was no help at all said it looked like it was fine on their end but it isn’t it barley connects right so with that being said if I can’t receive the discount I was suppose to I will be getting my internet turned off

It means I’ve contacted Hughesnet and she told me to write in this page and someone would help me get my discount I have my case number if needed

Hi Hannahbaker420,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Hannahbaker420,

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!