Hughesnet Community

Booster no help told to return for refubd

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stasia68

Booster no help told to return for refubd

I bought the booster in attempt to help poor signal.  Within a day I realized it didn't change anything. I was toldto return itsnd tgey woukd apply credit to my account.this has not happened. For it to be my son and I only our internet lasts about 3 days if that, im hardly home and he dont get home until 6 , not internet on t v,  just one cell phone. I can't understand it.but no credit for tge  booster either. Soooi

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Have you tried calling the 24/7 800 number to see where the refund process is at? You can also wait until the HughesNet reps on this site have a look at your account sometime next week. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Though a weak WiFi signal can cause extra data usage because of dropped packets, it's highly unlikely that it would use so much as to exhaust your data in three days. It's much more likely that something on your network is using it. 

You can see the devices that use your network, including those that are currently disconnected, at the following modem page, which may help in narrowing down where your data is going.

http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/conn_dev_info

Streaming tends to be the biggest data user, but automatic updates and cloud connections on devices can be big data users as well. A connected satellite TV receiver, especially those from DirecTV, can also chew through data.

Liz

Hi Stasia68,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I can certainly help with this, please let me know when you shipped back the booster; I'll see if our warehouse has received it.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi Stasia68,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!