Can't access Manage/Delete old email accounts after 9000 to gen5 upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randym1
Freshman

Can't access Manage/Delete old email accounts after 9000 to gen5 upgrade

I've been a Hughesnet customer since before  all you could get in rural areas was dialup and even if satelite internet service under performs fiber-optic landline connection, I have been very satified with most services.

I have 4 email accounts I setup while on the old 9000 (SAN) account.

I can still login and use them but, after 9000 to Gen5 upgrade resulting in a new (SAN) account, I  can't access them in profile to manage/delete them.

Does anyone know how this can be done, Mods. Maybe??

26 REPLIES 26
Liz

Good morning Randym1,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'd like to address your concerns, so I've pulled up your account and I see that all four of your e-mail addresses are already associated with your new SAN ending in 46. 

Can you please be more specific as to what's happening so I can better focus my investigation?I think I know what you're describing, please correct me if I'm wrong: while logged into the Support Center, you're going to MyAccount > Profile

When you go to that Profile page to manage your HughesNet Logins/Emails what do you see?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thanks for your attention to help.
PM sent.
Don't worry, I know to be patient and we'll versied in seeking solutions
Randym1
Freshman

To let everyone know, Liz has been communicating with me through PM's to resolve this issue and I what to thank her for her help in doing such a great service for me.

So far what issues I've had l've used online searches, email or phone support.

I decided to use the community support forum on this issue and am glad I did.

It takes less effort and seems to be more direct with Hughesnet support staff.

I've read so many whiney comments about how they were treated and the service and found most  of them are unfounded or are self inflicted from not reading and/or not understanding the terms in which they are agreeing to and then blame hughesnet because of the agree upon terms.

I've been a hughesnet customer for several years and after having the choice of useing  dialup service or none at all. I am very please with moving from 56 kps up to between 200 kps and 800 kbs on the old 9000 system and then when gen4 and gen5 came online my speed went up to between 1.25MB to as much as 3.75MB on the 9000 and now since I've upgraded to gen5,  do need I say more?

I!ve had a few issues but never have they been worthy of getting on here and start raging about and yes I've had to wait sometimes or call back later when using phone support but what other type national companies or service providers do you not have to wait for the next available person to take your call, only in Fanacy  Land World.

If you go from Fiber-optic landline to satilite internet you are going to be disàpointed.

But if satilite service is all that is available to you then it is what it is so why complain about something you agreed to in order to get any internet service at all unless you want to go through the cell phone providers.

@Randym1- As you've certainly noticed, this forum is the absolute best place to get things done. @Amanda and @Liz (and their intern minions) go out of their way, spreading themselves thin to make sure of it. When all you see are the mountains of empty, entitled (and even paranoid) complaints, a post with the right common sense attitude, like this one, goes a real long way. Thank you.

Note to @Liz - There needs to be a kudo multiplier. Somehow, one just doesn't seem to cut it for posts like this.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Randym1

This Community is definitely the way to go for getting help.  I've had HughesNet since 2004, and when I have had to call customer service, especially when I upgraded from the DW7000 to the HN7000S and had my speed immediately drop by a large amount, the experience was less than helpful, and downright disappointing.  Thankfully, that was the only major problem I've had over the years, and since discovering this Community in late 2015, when it was still hosted on the old site, I've come here if I've had a question or issue.  The difference between the phone help and the help here is like night and day.  And here we have the helpful experience of so many other customers, too.  That makes a big difference.  🙂  

Randym1
Freshman

Update

I just call called Hughesnet Tech. Support to see what would happen about this same issue.

I had to wait a very loooooong time to get someone on the phone. It was at the Ieast 75 seconds.

In less than 500 more seconds, you do the math, everything was confirmed that all issues has been addressed and has been taken care of. Wa, Wa, Wa. 😂

maratsade

"I had to wait a very loooooong time to get someone on the phone. It was at the Ieast 75 seconds."

That's a minute and 15 seconds. That's not long at all. 

@maratsade wrote:

"I had to wait a very loooooong time to get someone on the phone. It was at the Ieast 75 seconds."

That's a minute and 15 seconds. That's not long at all. 

He! He! He!!!

No it's not very long

I don't know how to spell minute, 

Anyway, I wanted it to  seem more dramatic and seconds seemed to sound like a much longer time.

I did it for the whiners. LOL!!!

maratsade

lol.gif

Randym2
Freshman

Formally aka randym1

OK, I've been playing around with my account and it has crashed and burned.

So, from here on, I'll be having to use randym2 for my user name.

MY BAD, BAD, BAD

Hi Randy,

I did get your latest PM. Those other two email addresses were already marked as cancelled on the old SAN, so I didn't migrate those over to your current SAN.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning Randy, 

Can you please confirm that you can see all the email accounts you need online?

Update

I've been PMing Liz and sent her a list, she asked for, of the email accounts I want to keep and the ones I need deleted that was created while  I was trying to solve the same,

InvalidOpenID or Credentials issue that many others are having.

Not only that, I sent her the screen shots leading up to this problem along with the old SAN that has been cancelled that is still showing up in some of the accounts after my new Gen5 SAN upgrade .

I'm not going to rant and rage over this because it will just complicate getting these issues resolved and I need these problems fixed and Liz is making efforts to get this done.

It's apparent this is a presistant glich that Hughesnet is going to have to get fixed becaused it's in their best interest in order to retain their current customers and attract new ones.

Hi Randy,

Engineering just got back to me and said this should be resolved now. Can you please confirm that the requested 4 email addresses are under your current account and that you're no longer seeing the openID error?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Your magical work came through.
I can access my profile now and other account info.
Emails accounts are satifactory for now, some still needs deleting and one needs to added back.
I will get you these when I get more time to.
Thanks Liz

And now folks (take notes), that's the way to get-der-done when problems occurred.

Thank you for the confirmation, Randy! I tried again to whittle down the addresses to the 4 you specified on our end, it might take some time to apply. Please don't try to delete any email accounts yourself right now or else the openID error will return. Let me know whenever you do see the right addresses remain.

Glad we were able to help!

Thanks for your assistance.
I'll wait till changes show up and let you know..
I'm not going to try anything to make any changes until you let me know when it's safe to procede.
Is there a Master Control Account or can any Account capable of making Account changes?

All of your e-mail accounts can make the same changes, there is no master account.

Liz

Good morning Randy,

Thanks for this update, the OpenID error is a new development, I've informed the engineers of this so they can address this as well. I'll keep you posted.

@Liz wrote:

Good morning Randy,

Thanks for this update, the OpenID error is a new development, I've informed the engineers of this so they can address this as well. I'll keep you posted.

Sorry about the mix-up about the problem I was having with the OpenID error.

When I sent you the screen shots, the error is displayed in the last one and this was happening with all my accounts. 

I know I should have brought this more to your attention than I did.

This should show everyone that there is an easy fix to the OpenID error that so many who are or who has been experenceing this problem simply by keeping a cool head and reach out in a proper manner for help and provide you with the information you requested from them and for them to stop trying to correct the problem on their own which makes matters worse along with increaseing their frustrations with Hugnesnet and to only do what they are instructed to do from you