Cancel phone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2unhappy2
Freshman

Cancel phone

I have just spent a great deal of time trying to cancel my phone service and see if that amount could be applied to the internet as I have had to pay way more then my contract for internet service.  I was told that the voice is a separate contract and that I would still have to pay $100 termination fee.  Why is the billing in one bill taken off my credit card if it is two separate contracts?  We had terrible service with the phone and had to go to a cell phone after a year of trying to live with the disconnected calls, delayed calls and not hearing me answer on the other end.  I would think that if I was still wanting to keep the internet that keeps loading all the time and extend the service of that I should not have to pay a termination fee.  After all that time then they told me I had to have my husband do the canceling as he was the name on the account.  This just plain sucks.

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@2unhappy2 wrote:

Why is the billing in one bill taken off my credit card if it is two separate contracts?   

Though voice and home internet are two different services with their own service contracts, they are from the same company and for the same customer.  

There is sometimes a rep on during the evenings, but chances are you won't hear from a rep until at least Monday, as they aren't on during the weekends.  I can tell you, though, that unless there is a record of your HughesNet Voice issues and an ultimately failed attempt at rectifying them, it's very likely that the Early Termination Fee for that service would be valid.  That's a decision for HughesNet, though, of course. 

The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  Again, though, there is sometimes one on during the evening, so you may still get a reply today.  

I know that I called about the problem with the phone at least 3 times early on and then I just had to live with it.  They said they saw the delay time was greater and tried to shorten it but it still was a problem.  As for the phone calls that people could not hear me answer, I did not call and complain about and I should have.  It was so hard to visit with anyone on the phone with the delay that I just quit calling anyone unless it was important.  I will be calling again this next week and have my husband here to verity the cancellation.  Just so unhappy about this whole situation and wished I was told about these issues with the phone when I purchased it.  Buyer beware of the information that you were not told about.  

Hello 2unhappy2,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I can certainly address your concerns. After reviewing your case history, it looks like our phone agents already explained a couple times that the latency inherent in satellite technology causes the delay in the HughesNet Voice service.

However, after running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. This site visit will improve your overall internet performance, and perhaps your Voice performance as well, but it will not completely eliminate the delay. 

Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Tuesday, Oct 1, 2019 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. I hope it goes well.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thanks for your reply.  Service tech was just here, but we were surprised that he came as we were not called ahead.  I was gone this morning and had not read your reply before I left.  He did adjust the antenna and said it should help our internet service and our phone.  I am really hoping that this will help our problems and bring us better service.  I will let you know if this helps. 

Me too, glad to hear it.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!