Canceling contract

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcline26
Freshman

Canceling contract

I'm going to cancel contract they told me it's $85 etf fee is that all I have to pay?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Here is the specifics in the contract: http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

The way I understand it is if you have two full months left, have not entered into 23rd and 24th month yet, then the fee would be $400 minus 22 months times $15. So, $400 - $330 = $70.

If you already are into your 22nd month then they may be prorate for that month depending on the date cancelled. That may explain the other $15. Not sure about the prorate thing though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Provided you return your equipment if a lease customer, the ETF is what they state on the phone when you call in to cancel.  It starts out at $400, and goes down a little each passing month till the end of the 2 year contract.

Yea I only have 2 months left they told me $85 but due I also have to pay my regular months payment to?
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

That... I honestly have no idea.  I know you wont have to pay the last month, but I am unsure about the current... I think Hughesnet bills a month ahead and processes the account cancelation on the last day that you are paid up to...

@Gwalk900 or @BirdDog may have a better idea in regards to that.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Here is the specifics in the contract: http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

The way I understand it is if you have two full months left, have not entered into 23rd and 24th month yet, then the fee would be $400 minus 22 months times $15. So, $400 - $330 = $70.

If you already are into your 22nd month then they may be prorate for that month depending on the date cancelled. That may explain the other $15. Not sure about the prorate thing though.