Cancelling Account without Fees Due to Mis-Information

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tberven
New Poster

Cancelling Account without Fees Due to Mis-Information

When we had the service installed, I was told by the Sales guy and the installers that the service will work for all applications just fine, and even the VPN would work, but would be a little slow, which I totally understood.  Installation was done, and normal internet seemed fine.  However, Outlook and a couple other Office functions had issues.  Three calls later, I just spent over 1/2 hour on the pone with a representative regarding our account and how the service is not working as sold to us.  My business account will absolutely not work with Outlook 365 due to the slow latency, which in a previous call, one of the support reps tried to tell me we can adjust it to meet the 600-800ms time out.  However this was false.  Then this week, I worked with another support guy trying to make the service work, and was subsequently transferred to Microsoft Support which they indeed told myself and the Administrator that there is no such settings in the Outlook 365 settings which is all my office and boss use.  Since I have been completely unable to use the service for my BUSINESS, i want to cancel and scrap the whole thing.  The Customer Service gentlemen, (knowing he can only do so much) tells me I will have to pay $1,200 for the cancellation.  Again, i explain your service is not working for the BUSINESS side and this is unacceptable.  So, I ask to speak to someone higher and he proceeds to tell me he and the cancellation department are the highest level I can speak to.  So, I would like to be contacted by someone who can ACTUALLY do something and not force any legal action on something that was misrepresented at the time of sale and installation, has not worked at all  in the 21 das I have been battling this with HughesNet and resolve this in a professional way.

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@tberven

Unfortunately, this support community is for HughesNet Residential subscribers, not SME (business account) subscribers.  

To get help with your business account, please call 800-347-3272.  

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Outlook 365 works perfectly fine for me when connecting to Live Mail, Gmail, Hughesnet Email, as well as a few friends exchange servers.  However, if you are connecting through a VPN to get to your email, well, chances are it wont work.  It is also stated in

As GabeU stated however, since you are a business customer, your only avenue for support is via the 800 number he provided.  The moderators here don't have the ability to fully assist business clients.