cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atlantia
New Poster

Change Account Holder Name

Hi,

I got divorced about 6 years ago and the account was originally set up in my ex wife's name. Now I want to make changes to the account and phone support says I need verbal permission from the "owner" (which I have no contact with and no way to contact). All the billing info is in my name when I log in. Can someone change the "owner" name to match the billing info?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi atlantia,

Thanks for the clarification. Let me escalate this to our billing folks here at corporate to see what we can do for you. I'll reach out to you via private message once I have an update.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@atlantia 

The HughesNet reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  You should get a reply from one on Monday.  🙂

@Liz @Damian

Liz

Good morning atlantia,

Thanks for posting, this is a bit of a tricky situation. There's a Transfer in Ownership form for these requests which does require both parties' involvement, however, only purchase accounts may be transferred. For lease accounts like yours, to have the service in your own name would be to cancel this one immediately and sign up again. Fortunately, you're currently out of contract, so there is no Early Termination Fee if you cancel.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Liz,

The reason I posted this is that when I called to do the cancellation, They told me that I couldn't cancel without the account "owner's" permission which I cannot get. This was supposed to have been corrected in 2017 when I went from Gen 4 to Gen 5 but apparent;y all they did was put my name on the "billing". Please put a notation in my account so that when I call to do the cancellation, that it will go through.

Thank You,

Hi atlantia,

Thanks for the clarification. Let me escalate this to our billing folks here at corporate to see what we can do for you. I'll reach out to you via private message once I have an update.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz