Contract Question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James11

Contract Question

Question for one of the HN reps.

I upgraded to Gen4 in June 2013. Would someone please tell me when my contract is over. My modem serial number is B30010041202. I want to make sure I can cancel without any termination fees.
10 REPLIES 10
Christopher San

when you up-graded , did you sign a new contract   if not , then anytime  but if you signed a new contract  then,   in June !!!!
Amanda

Hi James,

According to your account information, your contract expires on 05/30/2015 - you have about 2 months left on that commitment. Please let me know if we can assist with anything else!

Thank you,
Amanda
James11

Thanks Amanda. I will be cancelling my service in May and switching to DSL. I admit Hughesnet is fast but after paying $150 a month for over 2 years and all the problems I have had I will not be interested in staying. Especially since the Ultra plan is not available for me. With the Ultra plan offering more data and being cheaper I feel Hughesnet is cheating customers. I will be saving over $100 a month with DSL thru ATT. Hughesnet will not offer me anything similar to what I can get with ATT.  If they will I might consider staying. 
James11

Christopher I honestly do not know. I needed internet for work and had problems with the HN9000 not working. I requested no contract but according to the records I have a contract.
Amanda

Hello James,

It's an unfortunate situation, but we can say if the opportunity to get something new makes you happy, that is all anyone can ask for! You are always welcome back and I am very sure that HughesNet will make improvements in the future to be able to provide more plans like Ultra, but we don't have any sort of time frame of when it is going to happen. Please let us know if you have any issues with your cancellation or service altogether and we'll be glad to help you out.

Thank you,
Amanda
James11

lol jezra. I have been begging ATT (use to be Bellsouth) people for 10+ years to help me get DSL. I will not have the highest speed but it is the same as HN plus cheaper. That is a big plus for me. 
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

AT&T... my only words about them are, "Thanks for screwing us over."  Bellsouth ran new lines down my road for DSL service, had almost everything completed, then AT&T bought them the week that the DSL was to go active.  AT&T never activated the lines, and have let them sit and rot to the point that phone lines here just don't work anymore.
James11

Charles I am about 1/3 mile off the blacktop road. The phone lines (that I do not use) were put down in the 50's or 60's. I am not sure which. I will never get UVerse, cable or anything similar but I am happy with the DSL. It is about the same speeds. I just need to play around and figure out when it is most congested and work around that for when i work. Not a problem for me. But no more getting up at 2 am for Windows updates or anything else that needs updating. The amount I am saving is a big deal for me. 
Christopher San

James , question !!!! is that promo  !!! or regular contract , as if  a promo you just might be in for a big surprise , just curious !!!
James11

No contract with ATT. Promo price with ATT is $14.95 after that it will be $47 something after taxes.