Hughesnet Community

Contract issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deelowe

Contract issues

I was registered with Hughesnet thru Direct tv. The salesman did not tell me nothing but they was offering a special with the bundle price. He didn't tell me I had a contract for two years, neither did the person who installed it. He never mentioned equipment pricing or anything. I wouldn't have never gotten it if its higher or a two year contract. Please adjust this due to lies and unbroken promises. My bill was never suppose to rise due to bundling. I am very disappointed.
5 REPLIES 5
Liz

Hi deelowe,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

animalfreak9803
Freshman

yea, and they sucked an extra $90 out of my bank account on top of that....when I cancelled they said I had a 2 yr contract but couldn't produce it......freaking scam artists....DON"T let them get a hold of a debit or credit card info

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The contract is online, 21st century style. You should've read it, as you were legally bound by this contract by subscribing to the service. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@animalfreak9803 wrote:

yea, and they sucked an extra $90 out of my bank account on top of that....when I cancelled they said I had a 2 yr contract but couldn't produce it......freaking scam artists....DON"T let them get a hold of a debit or credit card info

When you said yes as to whether you agreed to the terms and conditions asked toward the end of the sales call, you agreed to that 24 month commitment, which is read as a part of those terms and conditions.  Then, when the service went live during installation, that 24 month commitment became valid.  

HughesNet Subscriber Agreement

If you didn't agree to the 24 month commitment, you shouldn't have agreed to it during the sales call.  There is no scam.  

Liz

Good morning deelowe,

Thank you so much for your patience while we looked into this for you. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!