DON'T SAVE YOUR FINANCIAL INFO!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marinermama
New Poster

DON'T SAVE YOUR FINANCIAL INFO!

If you go to save your bank info "for future payments" you will be signing up for auto pay, and they don't tell you that. I did not sign up for autopay as I get Social Security on the 4th Wednesday of the month and pay my bills then and obviously the money is not there on the 16th when the bill is generated. I'm on a very tight budget. 500.00 a month. I have never trusted auto pay on any website to take the money from my account when I want it to be taken out so I never, ever sign up for it. Well, I thought to click save info was just so I didn't have to scrounge through my paperwork to get my account info next time I went online to pay my bill. WRONG!!! It threw me into auto pay! Hughesnet took the money out on the 16th and so now I'm 100.00 in the hole, between the  price of the Hughesnet bill and the 36.00 the bank charges for being overdrawn. I filed a claim with my bank and they said they would refund me my 36.00 if they can corroborate my story. This is hurtful and costly to Hughesnet customers. BTW, the manager at Hughesnet I talked to said he would get the web guys to change the website to reflect the truth. I can't believe they haven't had complaints about this before.

2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Hi marinermama,

Welcome and thanks for posting! We appreciate your feedback and want to be sure we are clear about choosing to save your payment information. Is this is payment screen to which you're referring?

You'll see there is that part saying "By selecting this option, Hughes will store your card information and will attempt to automatically process payments on your billing date." Please let us know how we can make this more clear so we can provide better service to all our HughesNet subscribers.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning marinermama,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!