Downgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yuromastic
New Poster

Downgrade

My work has significantly cut back my hours so we are searching for ways to conserve and my current target is the internet. At the moment we are on the 50gb gen 5 plan. I was wondering if we could switch to the 30gb plan while under contract w/o resetting our current contract for now and perhaps bring in back up to the 50gb plan next year at some point?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi yuromastic,

Thanks for posting. What MarkJFine said is correct, you can change your service plan yourself via the Shop/Upgrade tab. There won't be any change to your committment date since you're just changing from one Gen 5 plan to another. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Not sure they are able to downgrade your service plan while in contract, it will be Monday before we know for sure when the reps get back into the office.  However, be aware, you most likely can only change your plan one time while in contract (I know we can certainly get upgraded once), so if you are able to downgrade, you most likely wont be able to upgrade back to the 50GB plan next year.

Either way, I believe you can do that from the Shop/Plans & Pricing page now.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Hi yuromastic,

Thanks for posting. What MarkJFine said is correct, you can change your service plan yourself via the Shop/Upgrade tab. There won't be any change to your committment date since you're just changing from one Gen 5 plan to another. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!