Hughesnet Community

EARLY TERMINATION FEE - LESS THEN 30 DAYS- SERVICE DOESNT WORK

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rainbow84

EARLY TERMINATION FEE - LESS THEN 30 DAYS- SERVICE DOESNT WORK

My name is Maureen and I am writing today because I am 100% dissatisfied with the service I've received via hughesnet. I have 7 kids & i run a business which requires a lot of data plus 6 of my kids are REMOTE LEARNING and my business requires multiple devices i ordered service in a country area in the middle of nowhere i explained hughesnet was the only option and I was concerned with the service availability & the DATA CAPS - the tech i spoke to (Chris) told me the deal and that I could stream, remote learning, run my business we just couldn't game anymore (that was hard but we accepted it) I opted for service in the beginning of August 2020 and cancelled and was refunded because I was told spectrum could provide service but that was misinformation so I did a 2nd order and was suggested due to the data caps to choose a BUSINESS ACCOUNT of 75gb to start off with so I did and on August 25th 2020 the tech (Chris) came and installed my internet. Now when we started using it was horrible so I got a really good router to try to improve the connection and during the daytime it wouldn't go above (2.9mbps) and then during 2am -8am it was around (39mbps) very laggy never consistent. Since weve had hughesnet we spoke to a tech on Sept 1st 2020 and he stated that basically our service wouldnt get better then this and during those hours would be a little better - I was devastated because we had no other options and no way to communicate because we have no service even though i just paid $230 up front for the service -after everything all my research I found a company in the (Berne, NY) area who provides an internet service which works for all the requirements i stated were necessary & told Hughesnet I wanted to cancel and they are telling me even though I haven't had this service for 30 days im expected to pay $880.00 as an EARLY TERMINATION FEE which is INSANE because I had to pay for another company because HUGHESNET doesn't work. It states that depending on the situation and the fact their own TECH stated it wouldn't really get better i shouldnt have to pay how is that fair or right IT DIDNT WORK and they couldn't make it better - we couldn't even watch a movie as a family and on all my streaming services I wasted hundreds of dollars because I believed what they're tech & customer service dept told me. I have to say customer service has been very kind and helpful along the lines of what they're ALLOWED to do or say. The one tech I spoke to (Billy ID#18653) today 9/18/2020 - he handled things really politely and made it clear on the procedure because customer service has only so much ability so it has to be moved to corporate. He also told me to post on this community site because there is some liability within 30 days for a residential account but some reason a business even within the 30 days gor you to be charged for something out of your control - i mean i plan on writing to the better business bureau and also contacting the atny General because this is wrong and if they move forward with charging me instead of realizing this is on the service they couldn't provide then ill reach out to my lawyer. Thanks for listening & anyones help <br>Maureen
2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

If you're a business subscriber, you will need to call the business subscriber help line, as this community is only for residential subscribers. 

There is a specific procedure for dispute resolution. Please see https://legal.hughesnet.com/BusinessSubAgree_3-16-17.cfm, section 19. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Rainbow84 

Though I don't know how business support handles sales call reviews, if you feel that you were misled during your sales call you may want to request a review of that call to determine whether this was the case.  Please keep in mind, however, that if they can do this it will be with the sales call for your current service, not the original sales call for which you later called and cancelled.

Good luck.