ETF

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DH1
New Poster

ETF

I have recently moved and cannot transfer the dish to my new address due to landlord guidelines. Is there any way that the early termination fee can be waived or someway resolved?
6 REPLIES 6
DH1
New Poster

Can a Hughesnet rep or monitor help me with waiving this fee?
DH1
New Poster

Can a moderator help with the etf, I could really use some help resolving this fee if I am not allowed to take the service to my new address
Thanks

Hi DH1,

Our best recommendation is to speak with your landlord about compensating you for the inconvenience or double-checking the FCC OTARD to see if the landlords guidelines are valid. You may still be able to install the system, as the FCC has provided consumers with protections against this situation (including causing you to incur expenses) 

Thank you,

Amanda

Thanks Amanda,
The problem is that the installer of the dish would have to mount it on the roof or the ground. It cannot be installed in either location. If it could be installed on the patio, that would be on thing but I am certain that is the only location for it to be mounted. There are usually a bracket that can hold the dish in place on the rails. As I live on second level.

Thanks for the response
DH1
New Poster

So I’m guessing that there is nothing that can be done on the etf.... I know that moving and apt complexes have their own guidelines, but I do wish there was a policy that could help waive or prorate it for less money. Had I not moved I would have kept Hughesnet and finished out my contract but unfortunately circumstances will not allow that. It is a lot of money to fork out, especially during a move. As I mentioned the company that is hired to install service for hughesnet in my area can only attach the dish in 2 locations. Roof and below my second floor apt in ground, but that would put it on the area of my downstairs neighbor apt.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

It can take them 24-48 hours to respond to initial post as this isn't their primary job, patience.