Hughesnet Community

EXTREMELY DISSAPPOINTED, WOULD LIKE A NEW PROVIDER, WILL PAY BUY OUT

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyabernskoett

EXTREMELY DISSAPPOINTED, WOULD LIKE A NEW PROVIDER, WILL PAY BUY OUT

I SWITCHED TO HN 7 MOS AGO, I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY OUTSIDE THE CITY. I WAS TOLD THAT WE WOULD BE ABLE TO USE OUR GAMING CONSOLEAND OUR DIRECT TV, AFTER A MONTH OR TWO, I HAD TO GET ANOTHER PLAN, WHICH COST ME ANOTHER $30+, THEY SAID I WOULD HAVE A FASTER SERVICE, BUT TO DATE NONE OF THIS IS TRUE, WE STILL CAN NOT WATCH MOVIES ON MY DIRECT TV, AND ARE UNABLE TO PLAY THE GAMING CONSOLE. I AM VERY DISSAPPOINTED WITH HN, AND AM CERTAINLY THINKING ABOUT CANCELLING THE SERVICE AND PAYING THE BUY OUT AMOUNT, IT WOULD DEFINITELY SAVE ME TIME AND MONEY IN TH LONG RUN. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HN FOR INTERNET SERVICE.
27 REPLIES 27
tonyabernskoett

What is sounds like to me is that I need to get a DSL provider as well as the satellite that I have, and figure out which will be best for my services that I am needing...and then will cancel one of the above.

tonyabernskoett

So I obviously need a DSL line..

tonyabernskoett

I will probably get a DSL provider, and I will have to keep my HughesNet service, as I am not out of contract with them....so I can not cancel, unless I want to pay the penalties.

tonyabernskoett

AT & T, which I believe was formally Cingular, I had no idea that online gaming would not work with Satellite internet, and not sure I was fully given that information.  I believe he said there may be a 1 second lag, but that he would be able to play games online....
bdvvdd12

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tethering
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiFi

Tethering uses you cell phone as a modem, but if you don't have a plan for it it can get ridiculous in price.

It may or may not be available in your area, call your cell phone carrier for more information. They can tell you the plans, whats offered, and what would be the cheapest route.
Chris11
Alum

Tonya,

Playing online games is possible, many of our customers do. It is just not recommended for real time twitch based shooters etc. Which if this was talked about during your sales call, should have been mentioned. 

- Chris
tonyabernskoett

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled HBOgo every 2-5 minutes!!.

I was trying to watch HBOgo last night, throught out the whole show, my interenet stopped and refreshed every 2-5 minutes, now try and watch an hour series with this happening, what do you do?