Hughesnet Community

GETTING YOUR DISH OFF MY ROOF

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alice Bowman

GETTING YOUR DISH OFF MY ROOF

We canceled our service and was told we would get a box to package everything back up in and we have not received it as of yet. Also we were told that we had to climb up on our roof to take the dish down to send it back. My husband and I are both disabled and  not able to climb on the roof. Now when this dish was installed the young guy who put it up there put it in a very precarious place, we don't want to ask someone else to take it down due to risk of them falling off our roof. We were told by Hughes net they would charge us something like $125, to come out and take it down. That is INSANE, your person put it there, I think you do this to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS. 
46 REPLIES 46
Alice Bowman

Btw our roof is leaking from your dish
Liz

Good morning Alice,

Welcome and thank you for posting. The subscriber agreement that was signed in order to get the HughesNet service does state "If you elect to have the complete system or the antenna, mount and any cables professionally de-installed, you will be responsible for all applicable de-installation charges."

Considering your particular situation we can look into your concerns and address them somehow. Please post a case number or the serial number located on the bottom of your modem so we can pull up your account.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Alice Bowman

All I have is the SAN number I hope that helps    [edited to protect privacy]
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Alice, they don't want the dish returned - just the radio that's on the end of the arm.

Can you hire some kid for a few dollars to remove the radio? It's held on by just one or two screws or bolts.

Sorry to hear about your roof. If that was a problem caused by the installer, then it needs to be made right by the installer and/or HughesNet. 
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Alice Bowman

Sorry Alan I am not going to hire someone to go up on my roof. I am not going to take the chance of them falling off the roof and suing me. The installer put the dish in a really bad spot on my roof. Yes I agree Hughes net or the installer (whoever it was THEY hired to do it) should have to fix our roof. As many issues as I have had with Hughes net I am sure that is NOT going to happen though.
Liz

Thanks for your SAN, Alice. I have edited it out of your post to protect your privacy, as this information is considered sensitive and should not be posted publicly.

I arranged a dispatch at the earliest available slot; your complimentary de-installation appointment is currently scheduled for Friday, Apr 29, 2016 between 8:00 AM-11:00 AM.

I've also escalated your case to our installation group here at corporate to address your roof damage concerns. Once I hear back, I'll let you know.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Additionally, if you need to reschedule your appointment, call us at 866.347.3292 and reference your case number: 53779203

Thanks,
Liz

Alice Bowman

Thank you LIz for your help with this problem. You are doing more for us  so far than anyone has. When I called to cancel our service, the rep was very rude. Miles has also blocked me on Hughes Net facebook page.  Otherwise I would have tired to contact him again, instead of posting this here. I do really appreciate this very much.
Alice Bowman

Also can we give the modem and things to the person coming out or should we still send that in the mail back to Hughes net? thanks again
Liz

The tech is there solely to de-install the equipment so you can ship it back to us. Here are instructions on sending back the required components:
http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1039586-0001v2_b.pdf

The box we're sending you to return equipment will come with a pre-paid label.

-Liz

Alice Bowman

Thanks I saved the link to my computer so I will be able to find it easier
Alice Bowman

Well LIz, I have been up since 7:30 this morning so that I would not miss the tech coming out. It is now 11:47 (our time) and no one has shown up yet.
Mordacious

Alice

I can tell you that Liz was not pulling your chain when she told you she had arranged to have the tech out there between 8 & 11. Liz is good about taking care of things like this. Either the tech has been delayed or he blew you and Liz off. I hope he is just delayed, but understand that Liz can only set the appointment, she has no way to control the tech's actions.

Besides, she would never lie to a Cubs fan, I would scold her... LOL

I'm sure Liz will check on what happened and get back to you. Sorry to hear about all the inconvenience.
Alice Bowman

well Mordacious that coming from an "apparent" railroader lol idk if I should believe you or not. lmao my husband was also a railroader 
Mordacious

Not just a former railroader, I worked for the SOO Line in Schiller Park, IL, but also a Cubs fan... born and raised in the Chicago area. Retired to NC

I've seen Liz and the other Reps here take care of customers and they do a very good job. With one hand on the Cubs emblem and the other on the whistle cord I can swear that Liz did the best she could for you.

If I were still in the area I would come and take that down for you myself.
Alice Bowman

my husband is also a Chicago native born and raised, and retired from 40 yrs of railroad.
Liz

Hi Alice,

I do apologize for this inconvenience, I know your time is important. I don't know what happened, but the dispatch did not appear in our system. Fortunately, this gives us the opportunity to give our tech specific instructions, with regards to your case, from our installation group here at corporate. After I escalated your concern about roof damage, the installation group suggested that the tech also de-install the tri-mast on your roof and re-caulk the existing holes, at no cost to you. I've requested that they set up a new dispatch with their specific instructions to the tech. Once I have the appointment time, I will let you know.

Thank you,
Liz

Alice Bowman

Thanks Liz I appreciate it
Liz

OK, our install group created a service order for the de-install, and the dealer will reach out to you to schedule the appointment. Please let us know how it goes.

-Liz

Alice Bowman

Thank yo Liz he stopped on his way home and is taking care of it as I am typing this