Early termination fee, property damage, and misrepresentation of service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattkx8x
New Poster

Early termination fee, property damage, and misrepresentation of service

I wish to cancel my hughesnet service because I believe that the service was misrepresented to me by a sales associate. The service doesn't allow the adequate ping rate for me to utilize the web-based software that's required for my participation in online college. I've been using a tethering plan for my phone in order to meet the requirements for these services to work correctly for the past few months. Also, I found out that the house that I'm currently renting was damaged during the installation process and crudely repaired. I don't believe that I should have to pay the ETF and would be more than happy to send all of the equipment back.

3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hi Matt,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community!  I've requested your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. We got a quick turnaround on the review which found that proper expectations were set on that call, no ping requirements were discussed. We're happy to help troubleshoot your service to ensure it's working optimally, and only in the case our troubleshooting and engineering efforts don't bring the service to your satisfaction, then we can discuss ETF options. 

Regarding your installation concern, I can certainly inquire with our installs department here at corporate. Please clarify what happened when you noticed there was damage. Are you saying you contacted the installer and they came back out to make repairs? Then you weren't satisfied with these repairs?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz,

Regardless whether ping-rate or another term was used to describe my connectivity to a web-based application access, the service was misrepresented to me as I wasn't able to use the internet service for my primary usage of online college access. I already obtained a different ISP that provided significantly less bandwidth and a higher ping-rate which solved my issue. There were no repairs made to this rental house after the initial install. I wouldn't contact that company to perform any repairs as I've seen how shotty their install was. They left garbage materials all over the yard and tried to silicone the oversized hole in the wall, hoping that I wouldn't see it. I can provide pictures of the hole tomorrow if you need them.

Hi mattkx8x,

I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the HughesNet installation. I can help you with a damage claim. Can you please send me the details and photos? Our contractors are required to carry insurance. We usually would file a claim with that insurance company who will send an investigator to assess the damage(s). Then we work towards a resolution from there. I'll private message you the address to which you can e-mail. Thank you.