Hughesnet Community

Equipment Return

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
E_Rosenberg

Equipment Return

I literally spoke to a customer service person a couple of hours ago about cancelling my service. He told me about the box being sent for the equipment return. I specifically asked if someone would need to climb into the roof for the dish and this person told me no, that the dish could be disposed of. Now I'm reading on here that not only is there something on the dish that has to be returned, but I'm going to be charged $200 if I don't return it. Let me guess, I'll also be charged a service fee if someone has to come out to remove the dish? This is ridiculous and a pretty sorry way to do business.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

After cancellation, you will need to return your HughesNet modem, power supply, and radio (this needs to be removed from the dish) in good condition within 45 days of cancellation date or be charged a $300 Unreturned Equipment Fee ($100 for the modem and power supply and $200 for the radio transmitter).  The dish doesn't need to be returned. 

You can remove the radio yourself, ask a neighbour or friend to do it for you, hire someone to do it, or pay a service fee if you want HN to do it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade

After cancellation, you will need to return your HughesNet modem, power supply, and radio (this needs to be removed from the dish) in good condition within 45 days of cancellation date or be charged a $300 Unreturned Equipment Fee ($100 for the modem and power supply and $200 for the radio transmitter).  The dish doesn't need to be returned. 

You can remove the radio yourself, ask a neighbour or friend to do it for you, hire someone to do it, or pay a service fee if you want HN to do it. 

Oh god...where is this radio located and can anyone provide a picture of what it looks like?  UGH

maratsade

HNdishradio.jpg

It's the thing at the end of the arm.   EDIT: and the arm is the thing that extends from the dish itself.

Hi,

Just adding these illustrated instructions on returning equipment here.These instructions are also included in the lease return kit. 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!