Extreme frustration with Hughesnet customer service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wally Estes
Sophomore

Extreme frustration with Hughesnet customer service

Since March 10th, I have been in contact with tech support regarding issues with my account information; I have called them 8 times and spent a total of 130 minutes on the phone with various reps.

For a number of months prior to March, I have not been receiving email notification that my invoices were being generated. As I pay with a credit card on file, neither my basic internet service nor my email service has been interrupted. I did notice that on the account information tab on the my.hughesnet.com web site, a secondary email address was being displayed instead of my primary email address. I have several secondary addresses; these are used in order to avoid spam mail. Several times, I changed the secondary email address to my primary but the system would revert back to the secondary address within a day or two.

On March 10, I first contacted customer support to see if they could change the account information to reflect my primary email address. They did and the account information reverted back to the secondary address within a day or two. This went on for four or five attempts before I requested that the situation be escalated to advanced tech support. They indicated that the issue would be escalated; I have not heard from advanced tech support on this issue.

The issue has now evolved to where I am no longer able to log into the account information tab on the my.hughesnet.com web site. I receive a “Invalid OpenID or Credentials” message. On March 31 I had two conversations with tech support totaling 71 minutes. They were unable to resolve this new issue and said it would be escalated to advance tech support. I was told to expect a call from advanced tech support within 24-48 hours. I have not been contacted.

The case numbers associated with these issues are the following: 103095639, 103172476, 103270616, and 103321165.

I would appreciate any assistance on these issues that you could provide.

82 REPLIES 82
Wally Estes
Sophomore

I was just contacted by advanced customer support. They verified the problem and will escalte it further.

They will provide me with a status by April 6.

So finally, some progress.

Advance tech support contacted me on Thursday, April 6. Still no resolution to my problem. They will contact me again on April 13.

Hard to believe that this has been going on since March 10 with no end in sight.

I am considering upgrading to Gen5. 

Could a moderator advise whether or not this account issue would affect the Gen5 upgrade?

Wally Estes

Hi Wally,

Thanks for posting and providing these details. I pulled up your account to review your case history and I see what we're currently investigating for you. I wouldn't think that would have any effect on you upgrading to Gen 5, although I'm curious if the issue would carry over. Let me double check with the engineers here. Once I get an update to share I'll post back.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz,

I went ahead and scheduled my Gen 5 upgrade for the afternoon of Wednesday the 12th.

Please advise if this should be delayed or cancelled due to my current case with the account information access.

Thank you.

Wally Estes

Good morning Wally,

Thank you for the update. I haven't yet heard any feedback on whether the OID error would negatively affect your upgrade this week, but I escalated your case directly to the engineers here at corporate to address that error. If the OID error persists in the Support Center after the upgrade, please let me know so I can have the engineers work on that. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I spoke too soon... Engineering just notified me that the OID error will not impact your upgrade. Do let me know how your upgrade goes. 🙂

Liz, I will let you know how the upgrade goes and whether or not the OID error persists after the upgrade.

Thank you.

Wally Estes 

Great, looking forward to it, Wally!

Liz, the Gen 5 upgrade was completed this afternoon.

I amd still having the OID error.

Wally Estes

make sure they do not collect fees from the plan you just migrated from. 

Good morning Wally,

Thank you for this update. I've informed our engineers and they are investigating. I'll keep you posted.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Good morning Wally,

I just checked the status of your escalated case and there are no substantial updates, only that another internal team has been assigned to the case. I'll keep checking on your case status and let you know of any progress.

Liz, thank you.

Wally Estes

I have been having the same Invalid OpenID error since I had my initial Netgen5 install months ago.  I can't log in to see my Bill or Usage stats.  

Vincent Meiste

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Vince, you may want to start your own topic about your issue. This would make your topic more visible than if you piggyback on an existing topic.

Same happend to me. I never received the service quality they are promissing. Download rates were far far way, ping times horriable. I was sticking with them, because there was no other ISP at my location. Now they still want to have the early termination fee. Today I spent 1h on the line incl. talking to the manager, becaused I didn't received a written confirmation and they explained me that they are unable to send it again. I received their promotions, the request to do another service, but surprise surprise the cancellatio confirmation gets lost. 

The provide the most worst customer experience I ever experienced. They were unable to fix any reported probnlems (technical or account related), that sucks. Now I have to pay anoth $170 to get rid of the **bleep**.

They gave me the number of the CEO: DIal a 301, then 428 and then 5500, everyone should complain there so they understand they need to work on their customer service! (The system blocks putting the CEO's phone number here in regular format, so one reason more to call him)

I am so frustrated with Hughesnet. The rep I spoke with before gettin Hughesnet was not knowledgable. I never have service, when I do it is slow. I was not advised that I needed to use ceertain browsers. I was under the impression that I would have 1 bill a bundle. That didn't happen. Everyday is a new challenge. It took me over one half hour to sign in today. Instead of normal speed we have super slow seed. I make call constantly and get no satisfaction. 

Aggie

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@218218notnew wrote:

I am so frustrated with Hughesnet. The rep I spoke with before gettin Hughesnet was not knowledgable. I never have service, when I do it is slow. I was not advised that I needed to use ceertain browsers. I was under the impression that I would have 1 bill a bundle. That didn't happen. Everyday is a new challenge. It took me over one half hour to sign in today. Instead of normal speed we have super slow seed. I make call constantly and get no satisfaction. 

Aggie

You can use any browser you want.  There are no browser restrictions when it comes to the service, though each browser has its own abilities and limitations.  Just make sure that you are using an up to date release if your browser of choice does not automatically update itself to the newest.  In addition, Adblock Plus, which is the most often recommended ad blocker, is available for the most commonly used browsers.  Ad blockers prevent ads from displaying, which can save a decent amount of data.       

Though you may receive a discount for signing up for bundled service, the billing for each service is separate, as the services are provided by individual, unconnected companies (other than the connection of working together to offer a bundle).  

If you're having speed issues you should start a new topic in the Tech Support section to address it.   

This issue is now six months old; I still receive an "OID" error message when I try to login with my primary email address. I am able to login successfully with a secondary email address.

It is hard to believe that this issue has not been resolved by now.

Wally Estes

Hi Wally,

The engineers have found with that particular e-mail address is that there was a delete request for it, which seems to be a factor in the OID error appearing. The engineers will review options regarding your account. I'll post back once I have any updates for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.