Since March 10th, I have been in contact with tech support regarding issues with my account information; I have called them 8 times and spent a total of 130 minutes on the phone with various reps.
For a number of months prior to March, I have not been receiving email notification that my invoices were being generated. As I pay with a credit card on file, neither my basic internet service nor my email service has been interrupted. I did notice that on the account information tab on the my.hughesnet.com web site, a secondary email address was being displayed instead of my primary email address. I have several secondary addresses; these are used in order to avoid spam mail. Several times, I changed the secondary email address to my primary but the system would revert back to the secondary address within a day or two.
On March 10, I first contacted customer support to see if they could change the account information to reflect my primary email address. They did and the account information reverted back to the secondary address within a day or two. This went on for four or five attempts before I requested that the situation be escalated to advanced tech support. They indicated that the issue would be escalated; I have not heard from advanced tech support on this issue.
The issue has now evolved to where I am no longer able to log into the account information tab on the my.hughesnet.com web site. I receive a “Invalid OpenID or Credentials” message. On March 31 I had two conversations with tech support totaling 71 minutes. They were unable to resolve this new issue and said it would be escalated to advance tech support. I was told to expect a call from advanced tech support within 24-48 hours. I have not been contacted.
The case numbers associated with these issues are the following: 103095639, 103172476, 103270616, and 103321165.
I would appreciate any assistance on these issues that you could provide.
I was just contacted by advanced customer support. They verified the problem and will escalte it further.
They will provide me with a status by April 6.
So finally, some progress.
Advance tech support contacted me on Thursday, April 6. Still no resolution to my problem. They will contact me again on April 13.
Hard to believe that this has been going on since March 10 with no end in sight.
I am considering upgrading to Gen5.
Could a moderator advise whether or not this account issue would affect the Gen5 upgrade?
Thanks for posting and providing these details. I pulled up your account to review your case history and I see what we're currently investigating for you. I wouldn't think that would have any effect on you upgrading to Gen 5, although I'm curious if the issue would carry over. Let me double check with the engineers here. Once I get an update to share I'll post back.
Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.
I went ahead and scheduled my Gen 5 upgrade for the afternoon of Wednesday the 12th.
Please advise if this should be delayed or cancelled due to my current case with the account information access.
Good morning Wally,
Thank you for the update. I haven't yet heard any feedback on whether the OID error would negatively affect your upgrade this week, but I escalated your case directly to the engineers here at corporate to address that error. If the OID error persists in the Support Center after the upgrade, please let me know so I can have the engineers work on that.
I spoke too soon... Engineering just notified me that the OID error will not impact your upgrade. Do let me know how your upgrade goes.
Liz, I will let you know how the upgrade goes and whether or not the OID error persists after the upgrade.
Great, looking forward to it, Wally!