Extreme frustration with Hughesnet customer service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wally Estes
Sophomore

Extreme frustration with Hughesnet customer service

Since March 10th, I have been in contact with tech support regarding issues with my account information; I have called them 8 times and spent a total of 130 minutes on the phone with various reps.

For a number of months prior to March, I have not been receiving email notification that my invoices were being generated. As I pay with a credit card on file, neither my basic internet service nor my email service has been interrupted. I did notice that on the account information tab on the my.hughesnet.com web site, a secondary email address was being displayed instead of my primary email address. I have several secondary addresses; these are used in order to avoid spam mail. Several times, I changed the secondary email address to my primary but the system would revert back to the secondary address within a day or two.

On March 10, I first contacted customer support to see if they could change the account information to reflect my primary email address. They did and the account information reverted back to the secondary address within a day or two. This went on for four or five attempts before I requested that the situation be escalated to advanced tech support. They indicated that the issue would be escalated; I have not heard from advanced tech support on this issue.

The issue has now evolved to where I am no longer able to log into the account information tab on the my.hughesnet.com web site. I receive a “Invalid OpenID or Credentials” message. On March 31 I had two conversations with tech support totaling 71 minutes. They were unable to resolve this new issue and said it would be escalated to advance tech support. I was told to expect a call from advanced tech support within 24-48 hours. I have not been contacted.

The case numbers associated with these issues are the following: 103095639, 103172476, 103270616, and 103321165.

I would appreciate any assistance on these issues that you could provide.

82 REPLIES 82
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I have also not received my bill notifications in at least two months, though I suspect it goes back longer.  I haven't really noticed as I usually just delete it once I've read it, but up until a few months ago I would receive a notification five days before the bill was generated, then another on the day of the bill generation.  I went back as far as I could in my deleted emails, which was mid May, and there's nothing.  I also should have gotten the five day notification on June 30th, but again, there was nothing.  

I checked my settings and they are the same I've had for a long time now, with the five day notification and the day of notification both turned on, and the email the same it has always been.  

With that said, in addition, Hughes also stopped forwarding the Community notifications to the same MSN address as the bill notifications, though I don't know that it's related, as this just started about five days ago.  I just figured I'd bring it up for redundancy's sake.    

GabeU

Well, now I've got to eat my words.

I received an email notification of my bill being generated.  That's the first time in at least a couple of months.  

Perhaps, now, my Community notifications will be forwarded again, as well.  Time will tell.    

Good morning Wally, 

I do understand your frustration and feel it as well. I see that I've finally gotten an update from the engineers last Friday night. The engineers have a script to address the issue, but it needs to be tested before going into production. I have no other updates than that. I'll let you know more as I get any news on their progress.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

This issue is now greater than 4 months old with no resolution.

And no updates as to when the fix will be available.

I wonder if hughesnet senior management is aware of this?

Wally Estes

Hi Wally,

I'm very sorry about this, we're as frustrated as you. Upper management is aware and we're continuing to push to get this resolved. Please don't hesitate to share your feedback here in your thread, we will continue to send it up.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Looks like we finally bugged enough people to get the right person to push a possible fix. We're being told that a release is planned for next week to address this. We'll be keeping our ears open on how this goes. After Wednesday next week, please let us now if you see any changes.

Well, the bugging did not work.

I just tried to log in with my primary email address and received the same 'Invalid OpenId or Credentials' error message.

Wally Estes

Hi Wally,

Thank you for this update, I'm sorry to hear this. I've let our engineers know so they can continue investigating. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I will send you a PM to further address your concerns.

what a crock sounds likethier same fix of their phone system as long as ive been a cust they don't recognize my number with my account ive given up trying
GabeU

@Randyland51 wrote:
what a crock sounds likethier same fix of their phone system as long as ive been a cust they don't recognize my number with my account ive given up trying

Your complaint has absolutely nothing to do with the topic being discussed in this thread.  

If you would like help with your separate issue, please create a new topic.  

Good morning Wally,

Are you available sometime next week (midweek or later) for live troubleshooting with our engineers? They may be available then to get on a call with you so you can log in and they can capture data. 

Yes, I would be available in the afternoon between 1Pm and 4PM my time.

Wally Estes

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. I'll let you know when the engineers would be ready to be in touch.

Hi Wally,

Haven't heard back from our engineers regarding live troubleshooting, however, they did implement a fix that should prevent OID errors happening for new accounts. If you register a new account, are you able to view your information in the support center?

Also for our reference, can you please install the HughesNet mobile app to test your main e-mail account and see if you can view everything in there?

Looking forward to hearing back.

I created a new acount, wally1.estes1, and was able to log in with no issues with that account.

I will try the mobile app test this weekend.

Wally Estes

LIz, via the mobile app:

I was able to log in with the wally1.estes1 account.

I was not able to log in with the wally.estes account; I received a system not available message several times.

Wally 

Good morning Wally,

Thank you for confirming that creating a new account let you bypass the OID error, I'm glad you can check your account info now. Our engineers are still working on clearing the error on accounts for which that error persists. I will also pass along the info that you were seeing an error message in the app using your regular account. Just in case I'm asked for one, can you please provide a screenshot of this error?

Liz, if you are referring to the error message from the smartphone app, I am not knowedgeable enough to provide a screenshot.

And I do not care to invest the time to learn how.

Wally

Hi Wally,

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you an engineering request via PM.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Farnham47

I feel your pain
We did a relocation of service and from day one it quit working. I begged for help. Left messages. Spoke to support 9 times. Advanced support 5 times. Was told lies repeatedly. Continued to be charged for 3 months for no service. I found the perfect solution. Drop them like a bad habit and do without until something else comes along. I tried to get help but they dont care about anyone.