Extreme frustration with Hughesnet customer service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wally Estes
Sophomore

Extreme frustration with Hughesnet customer service

Since March 10th, I have been in contact with tech support regarding issues with my account information; I have called them 8 times and spent a total of 130 minutes on the phone with various reps.

For a number of months prior to March, I have not been receiving email notification that my invoices were being generated. As I pay with a credit card on file, neither my basic internet service nor my email service has been interrupted. I did notice that on the account information tab on the my.hughesnet.com web site, a secondary email address was being displayed instead of my primary email address. I have several secondary addresses; these are used in order to avoid spam mail. Several times, I changed the secondary email address to my primary but the system would revert back to the secondary address within a day or two.

On March 10, I first contacted customer support to see if they could change the account information to reflect my primary email address. They did and the account information reverted back to the secondary address within a day or two. This went on for four or five attempts before I requested that the situation be escalated to advanced tech support. They indicated that the issue would be escalated; I have not heard from advanced tech support on this issue.

The issue has now evolved to where I am no longer able to log into the account information tab on the my.hughesnet.com web site. I receive a “Invalid OpenID or Credentials” message. On March 31 I had two conversations with tech support totaling 71 minutes. They were unable to resolve this new issue and said it would be escalated to advance tech support. I was told to expect a call from advanced tech support within 24-48 hours. I have not been contacted.

The case numbers associated with these issues are the following: 103095639, 103172476, 103270616, and 103321165.

I would appreciate any assistance on these issues that you could provide.

82 REPLIES 82

Good morning Wally,

We have been pinging engineering for help on this since I last posted. We've also just created another request ticket for them so we hope to get this resolved for you. We've done it once, I'm sure we can do it again.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning Wally,

Engineering has informed me that your account should be free of the OID error now. Please let me know how it goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning Wally,

Engineering has informed me that your account should be free of the OID error now. Please let me know how it goes.

Liz, the OID error is gone. I was able to access my account information without any issues.

Will this error resurface if I create a third email address, I curently have two, and then delete one of the three?

Previously, we thought the OID error had been resolved; I deleted a test email account you all had created and the OID error was back.

Wally Estes

Glad to hear it, Wally. Thank you for the confirmation. I've passed along your question to the engineers, I'm also concerned about it returning when future e-mail addresses are added/deleted. I'll let you know once I hear anything back.

lljames76555
New Poster

I know what you are dealing with. I have been calling and emailing Customer service since March. Somehow an account was generated at another address but with my name and email address. They even call me by the other woman's name in emails from them.  I have been trying to get it thru to HughesNet that I don't have any knowledge of this account, I didn't order it and I am not responsible for it. They have the name of the people who live at that address. Why doesn't HughesNet contact them and figure out this nightmare!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

lljames, you should start a new topic with this issue.  Discussing your issue in replies to others may bury your post in their topics and the admins may not see it. 

Your issue sounds very serious (is it identity theft?) and it should have its own topic.

Thanks, I probably should do that. Guess I was too upset to think straight.

maratsade

Can't blame you for being upset; it's a pretty serious issue.  The admins here work at Hughes headquarters and they can do more than the people you have contacted so far. Give them a chance, and good luck to you!

For Liz:

Liz, it has been two weeks sine you provided an update; I was last contacted on April 13 by tier 4 advanced support; and it was on March 10 that I first contacted tier 1 support regardin the beginning of this issue.

So, hasn't this problem gone on long enough? I just tried to access my account information and am still receiving the OID error.

Wally Estes

Hi Wally,

I do apologize for the inconvenience, I haven't received any updates regarding the OID error. I've just pinged an engineer for a status update. Once I have any news to share, I'll post back.

Liz, another week has passed with no update. This problem is approaching three months with no fix.

Wally Estes

Good morning Wally, 

I am aware and understand your frustration, I'm also awaiting an update from the engineers. I pinged them Wednesday and am still waiting. I will let you know once I hear any news.

Liz, another week has gone by with no update.

The problem still exists.

Wally Estes

Good morning Wally,

Thank you for your update. We're still bugging the engineers for updates. I'll let you know when we get any.

Hi Wally,

No update on the original ticket to address the error. I've submitted a new ticket to see if a workaround can be implemented in the interim. I'll post back once I have any updates to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thank you Liz.

You're welcome, Wally. I'm hoping this added pressure on our engineers will get something done faster.

Good morning,

In this case, I'm just adding any new complaints about the OID error to the existing ticket, so no need to create a new thread. However, anyone with concerns other than the OpenID error should create a new thread.

maratsade

I stand corrected! 🙂

Well another billing cycle has gone by and I am still not receiving email notifications of my invoice generation; I wonder if I am being blocked from receiving all emails from hughesnet itself. I am still receiving the Invalid OpenID error when I try to login with my primary email address. My notifications are still being reset from my primary email address to my secondary email address every two or three days. 

These issues have been going on in one form or another for close to four months.

I wonder if this issue will ever be resolved? 

Liz, it is no longer acceptable for you to state that you will contact the engineers and then not provide an update. 

Does hughesnet intend to resolve this issue and if so, when?

Wally Estes