Fraudulent sales staff

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maryvanduyne
New Poster

Fraudulent sales staff

How many times do people have to complain about the things that sales reps don't tell new customers before HughesNet makes some serious changes?

I was NOT informed that "taxes" not included in the initial debit to my new order would be added to my account and debited after the installation.  Only when I contacted customer support about what I perceived to be an unauthorized debit from my bank account was I informed of this dubious practice.

I was NOT informed that waiving a hard copy invoice to be mailed (thereby avoiding $5.00 monthly fee), that I was enrolled in automatic bill pay and when these automatic debits would be made.  I pay my bills online but have no other auto-pay accounts.  This shows that HughesNet has great distrust in their customers and, quite honestly, given the lack of important information provided by the sales reps, I now have distrust in HughesNet.  IMO, there is NO excuse for not providing customers with the option of sending a new bill notice via their hughes.net email account, and only in those cases involving delinquent accounts should the auto-pay option be exercised as an alternative to shutting off service. 

This is no way to treat new customers. 

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"I was NOT informed that "taxes" not included in the initial debit to my new order would be added to my account and debited after the installation.  Only when I contacted customer support about what I perceived to be an unauthorized debit from my bank account was I informed of this dubious practice."

There's nothing dubious about collecting taxes.

Did you not do any research on the company's website regarding how the service works? Do you usually just expect others to do your homework for you? A lot of what you are complaining about could have been easily avoided if you had actually researched the service.

You may want to request a review of your sales call (if it is still available, the company can pull it up and have it transcribed, so they can see what the sales person told you and what you replied to them).

Wow.  You can take that arrogant attitude and...........well, you know.

Liz

Hi maryvanduyne,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We really appreciate your feedback on your sales experience, it's important to us and our sales department. We'll request a review of your sales call to see where we can improve the sales experience for other potential HughesNet subscribers.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!