Hughesnet Community

How to enter a coupon code

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bergner1221

How to enter a coupon code

I have had problems with slow internet for months, today i got a call from a hughesnet employee named Rick. He said he would offer me free wifi for a year and a $100 visa gift card since i have had so many problems. He gave me a coupon code but i cant find where to enter it or what to do. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Bergner1221 

The rebate site is here.  The FAQ regarding the rebates and the site is here.  

BTW, I'm not really sure what they would be referring to with "free WiFi", as WiFi is a connection method that's already included with the Gen5 service.

I cant find anywhere to put in the coupon code i was given. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Bergner1221 wrote:

I cant find anywhere to put in the coupon code i was given. 

I'm not really sure about anything with a coupon code.  When they give discounts they usually do it themselves on your account.  There's normally not anything you have to do with any coupon, nor is there even a place to remit one, that I know of.  

The HughesNet reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so they will be back online tomorrow.  They should be able to check on this for you.  They'll likely reply when they do, or if they have questions.

Hello Bergner1221, 

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. That's a very curious scenario, as we don't have (never had) any promotions for free internet, nor do we offer gift cards as compensation for service performance issues. I pulled up the account to investigate and can only see your recent call to us inquiring about this "coupon code". I don't see any outbound call from our support center to you. 

I also reviewed our current promotions and we (including local dealers) aren't offering $100 Visa gift cards. Currently the account already has a 3 month credit on it from a prior call. I would be careful of any callers trying to get personal information from you; this may have been a phishing attempt. If you have the phone number of "Rick", please send it so we can see if it matches up with anyone associated with us.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning Bergner1221, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!