Hughesnet Community

How to ...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James11

How to ...

How do I remove the satellite thing. I call it a turtle with its head stuck out. But I know there is a technical name. Sorry I need to have someone else remove this for me. I cannot reach it and I am not able to climb a ladder due to a very bad f'ed up knee that just does not work right especially in climbing. 
8 REPLIES 8
Christopher San

it's easy but with a bad knee , need to get someone to do it for you as not worth a fall !!!
Amanda

Hello James,

When you receive the box to return the equipment, it will have instructions and should have a removal tool (to my knowledge) but I am not sure if that tool was only needed with the older radios. Are you saying that someone else will be removing this for you or you need someone to come out and remove it?

Regards
Amanda
James11

My son or brother will remove it from me. I am to short to reach it without climbing a ladder.

Thanks I did not know there would be instructions included.
Christopher San

James , glad you getting help in removing your equipment  !!!  no fall zone   !!!!
James11

I received the box today Amanda. It has the instructions to remove the radio receiver. I just need a Phillips screwdriver. I will have someone remove it for me this weekend. 

Thanks for everything. 
James11

Christopher I would probably not walk again if I did any more damage to my knee. The messed up part is I injured the knee at work and the worker's comp doctor was only concerned with money and how far he could string the company into paying instead of making sure I was fully able to work again. The worse part is I miss that job so much but I can't do that type of work any longer. So I re-trained for something different in a totally different area of work. 

As they say you are never to old to learn something. 🙂
Christopher San

you got that right and you do have a great day as you already have a great outlook on life !!!!!
Amanda

Hi James

I am very glad - please let me know if you need anything, we are just a comment away 🙂

Thanks
Amanda