Hughesnet Community

Hughes net sucks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlaandrews7

Hughes net sucks!

I can't wait till the next 5 months is over so I can cancel. They don't do what they say and I'm constantly having to call about my bill being to much. We couldn't even use it the first year we had it because the guy that came and installed it was in a hurry and wouldn't put it where I wanted because he would've had to run extra wire in our attic, so if we wasn't sitting right beside it we couldn't use it. He didn't even show me anything about it. So in January they talked me into upgrading to the Gen5 said my bill would stay the same for remainder of contract because of my problems, not. But at least the guy that came fixed where we could at least use it. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I called today because I was over charged once again and the agent, Jesse Lane, was very very very rude even called me a liar. I've dealt with Alot of customer service representative but he by far was the worst.
3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Carlaandrews7

You can always cancel the service now and pay the $75 Early Termination Fee ($15 x 5 months) rather than paying for five more months of service that you hate.  

You also may want to check to be sure that you weren't put into a new contract when you upgraded to Gen5.  

If you want help with your billing issues you should post in the myAccount and Billing section.  

Brooke
Alum

Hi Carlaandrews7, welcome to the community and thanks for posting! I am extremely sorry you went through all that, especially with your first technician visit. In regards to your upgrade, I do see they did not extend your contract, you still have 5 months remaining. 

While going over your billing, I do noticed that in January when you upgraded, they did leave notation of providing a discount and it was not applied like promised. Afterwards, there was a discount applied for only 3 months (April, May, June), but I see you were credited for July and August and a discount has been applied for the remaining of your contract. 

I've sent you a private message with more details regarding the discount and credits applied for you to view.

I am, once again, sorry you had to go through this trouble. I hope this finally sorts everything out for you!

-Brooke

Brooke
Alum

It's been a while since I've heard from you Carlaandrews7, I hope your billing issues have been resolved. I'm going to close this thread, but don't hesitate to start a new post if you still need assistance. 

Thank you.

-Brooke