Hughesnet Community

HughesNet #Mislead and want my money back!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahlynnashcra

HughesNet #Mislead and want my money back!

I've been using HughesNet for over a year & finally got sick and tired of my husband complaining about the cost. I looked at our statements and realized we have been overcharged & mislead about our plan! I've called several times to try and understand, but every time I feel like I'm given the runaround just to keep me as a customer. Well HughesNet I'm tired of the runaround and I"m tired of being nice. I want out!
If your thinking about getting HughesNet Don't!
5 REPLIES 5
bdvvdd12

Let be the first to welcome you to the community. Can you explain what plan you are on so that we can better understand what the issue at hand is. How is it different than what you are supposed to be paying? Also, How do you feel like you have been misled?

and by the way, I have hughesnet and it is one of my better decisions, it may be expensive, but satellite internet is an expensive business.
bdvvdd12

The serial number of your modem will help the reps locate look at your account, and see what the issue is. I forgot that 
Amanda

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I'm going to do my best to help you out. It would be very helpful to have a way to find you in the system so we can assist you. Do you have a recent case number or the serial number off the back of your modem? This will let me find your account and look over it, or have your sales call reviewed if that is something we need to do.

Thank you,
Amanda
sarahlynnashcra

I'm on the Power Plan which when I signed up stated 20 GB Monthly Plan (10 GB Anytime & 10 GB Bonus Bytes) @ $59.99 with the first 3 months for $49.99. It was not explained CLEARLY that what I was paying for would be "split up" (Anytime minutes -Anytime & Bonus Bytes-2am-8am ). I have called several times trying to figure out why we are blowing through the Anytime minutes. The last time I called it was finally explained that my Monthly plan is "split up", however the rep said bonus bytes were free from hughesNet (as if it was something extra I was receiving). I recently reviewed my statements which showed that I've been paying the full $59.99 price and never received the first 3 months at $49.99 (I've only received a 1 time $20 discount). S/N B30010504855A9
sarahlynnashcra

Just so you know Amanda, we home school (2 children with 2 computers) & our curriculum is on-line with minimal downloads. We do not stream Netflix (I cancelled Netflix because it was too slow and used to much of the data).